Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 PM   #11 
dr2b

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenjar View Post
Yes she can die from internal parasites, it does need to be treated and that certainly looks like she has them.

I'm sure people here are tired of hearing me sound like a broken record, but give her a series of salt baths before looking to stronger meds.
LoL. I think neejar should be dubbed "The Salt Bath King" :)

I hope your girl gets better fast!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #12 
Starbright

I read that article already and will try it out if the problem persists. However, I noticed this morning that the string was on the bottom of the tank and had brown lumpy poo at the end. I think she was just constipated :)

False alarm <3
(hopefully)
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:06 PM   #13 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
LoL. I think neejar should be dubbed "The Salt Bath King" :)

I hope your girl gets better fast!
Haha, I can't help the fact that it works! Also is far less stressful on a fish than heavy meds. Sure there are times when an antifungal or antibiotics are needed, but regular water changes and early diagnosis of any sickness can usually be knocked out with salt bath and a clean tank.

I have not had a fish get sick to the point of needing meds in over 10 years, I attribute that to weekly water changes (55 gallon tank) and not over feeding... oh and salt baths when anything looked out of place
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #14 
dr2b

Quote:
Haha, I can't help the fact that it works! Also is far less stressful on a fish than heavy meds. Sure there are times when an antifungal or antibiotics are needed, but regular water changes and early diagnosis of any sickness can usually be knocked out with salt bath and a clean tank.

I have not had a fish get sick to the point of needing meds in over 10 years, I attribute that to weekly water changes (55 gallon tank) and not over feeding... oh and salt baths when anything looked out of place
Oh, I wasn't saying it was bad Just think it's funny how you keep repeating yourself on every forum lol. I almost bought some aquarium salt yesterday to put it my tank with water changes...but I have to wait to get paid to do anything lol.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #15 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Just think it's funny how you keep repeating yourself on every forum lol.
Only because the same questions get asked over and over. People are not too well versed at using the search function. So rather than be a jerk and say "use the search function, there are 10,000 posts here about that" I act like a broken record!
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:32 PM   #16 
Starbright

Kay so today my betta pooped a long brownish string :/ I went ahead with the salt bath procedure. I hope it works! Btw how do the parasites die, with salt or heat? And can I reuse my salt bath water for the next salt bath?
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #17 
MrVampire181

Quote:
Only because the same questions get asked over and over. People are not too well versed at using the search function. So rather than be a jerk and say "use the search function, there are 10,000 posts here about that" I act like a broken record!

I repeat myself about Gel-Tek Ampicillin (I'm a fan of the powerful meds that pack a hard punch ;) ). Cause the stuff works :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote