Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 02:59 AM   #21 
Chutney

You don't know me. You don't know where I get my fish. You don't know how much I know about breeding. If you don't know me please don't post about how I do EVERYTHING wrong. Please don't post that I don't know what I'm doing. NOBODY has even answered the question I posted. I don't need you to tell me that I am stupid. I already know that from the way I am treated.All I asked was which one do you think I should breed and you bombard me about how I don't know what I'm doing. How I don't have anywhere to sell them to. I have 200 people ready to take bettas. I have experience in this. I just wanted to know which one to breed and I still don't have any suggestions. If you are just going to tell me that I don't know anything, please keep it to yourself.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:03 AM   #22 
Chutney

Also people shouldn't buy things for looks. Do you get dogs just because they look pretty but they are mean? I buy my fish because I feel I have a connection with them, not because they have the prettiest color.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:18 AM   #23 
LittleBettaFish

I'm pretty sure I answered your question on the page before.

However, you can't post a question like you have on an open forum and then blast people for their opinions. Most people who have answered your questions are breeders and so now what they are talking about.

While it's great you have a connection with your fish, you have to remember that most people pick their fish based on appearance. I also doubt greatly that you have 200 people willing to take bettas, or at least have 200 people that are educated and well-equipped to house and care for one or more betta fish.

Breeding is something that takes a lot of work. The actual spawning itself is not even the hard part. It's what comes after. The months and months of frequent water changes, the daily feedings and hatching of BBS, the space and equipment needed once your males require jarring.

I have bred my bettas dozens of times, but I always struggle with raising the fry to adulthood. It is not an easy task, and this is why other members are offering you advice. It may seem harsh, but a lot of what they are saying is the truth.

You have to remember it takes as much effort to raise fry from a pair of mediocre bettas that may struggle to find homes, as it does to raise fry from a quality pair whose fry have a better chance at selling.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #24 
Chutney

I know what I'm doing. I just asked which one to breed. I didn't ask for the how stupid are you with bettas quiz.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #25 
LittleBettaFish

Well if you'd been reading rather than railing against everyone you would have seen I offered my opinion on who you should breed on the page before.

Do you have any females currently, or are you purchasing a female to pair up with your male? That is going to make a difference as well.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:26 AM   #26 
Chutney

I don't have any females I am waiting to see which one has the best chance to have fry taken care of.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:27 AM   #27 
Chutney

Then I will go find a female
Old 08-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #28 
Chutney

I had one paired up for Bandit but she died before I was ready...
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #29 
Chutney

And again, I have not been paying attention to some things because right now I can't think as well as I usually do. I dont mean to explode but it happens.I have the flu and I am sorry to be mean or rude its just upsetting being told you don't know anything about bettas. I had a betta for 7 years and I helped care for two spawns.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:36 AM   #30 
LittleBettaFish

If you are choosing a female, try to choose one that will complement your male and is strong in areas that he is weak.

For example, if your chosen male has a thin and poorly-formed dorsal, you want to choose a female that has very good finnage even if say her colour is not the best.

While this will not guarantee your fry all end up with great fins, it will at least tip the odds slightly more in your favour.

If you want to breed your DT male, I would stay away from DT females and any female with a wonky topline. DTs can have a lot of issues with throwing spinal deformities and so you want to minimise this risk.

Looking at your bettas with a critical and objective eye and seeing what their individual strengths and weaknesses are, does not mean you love them any less. It just means you can make better choices when it comes to picking potential breeding pairs.
Closed Thread