Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #51 
Aluka

I dont think thats how colors work in bettas.. blue +red =/= purple..

I also dont think your fry would have colors in 3 weeks O.o... mine are 23 days old and no color yet!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:29 PM   #52 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Not even the best of the best grow out their fry in three weeks, and red+blue doesn't equals purple...

I'm a little doubtful lol.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:51 AM   #53 
trilobite

Oh amazing... 3 weeks and purple! You truely are quite the master breeder...
Old 09-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #54 
Fenghuang

Even with no real betta breeding experience, I have a hard time believing that...

Not to mention selling fry at three weeks is totally irresponsible.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #55 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Well, at three weeks they wouldn't be colorful...
Old 09-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #56 
Chachi

I would have love to have seen pics... ;)
Old 09-30-2013, 11:32 PM   #57 
Chutney

Please don't doubt me. All the people had helped raise the fry, they know what to do. The female had a little purple on her belly. I gave the babies color enhancer flakes at 2 weeks with some brine shrimp so I think that's why they have color early. Many people took multiple so I knew they were in capable hands. One of them lives right up the street with the baby Iris.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #58 
Fenghuang

You have to understand, the skepticism of the breeders who responded to your thread is justified. Many of them have done extensive research and/or have personal experience in betta breeding; some have raised multiple spawns already. Based on what is known about betta genetics and growth, your account just doesn't add up. And without photographic evidence or documentation of your spawn's development, your story is fantastical at best.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #59 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies View Post
I don't know if you are a kid or not-sounds like you probably are so here is some free advice. .
What is that supposed to mean? I'm a kid and I take care of my bettas better than some 30 year-old people.
Chutney, there are things to consider, such as supplies, homes and stuff. If you feel that you have checked everything off and that you are ready, then go ahead. Ilikebutterflies does have a good point: it's your fish, do what you want.
Are you just breeding for pets, or show? If you are breeding for show, I would invest in a good sibling pair from Aquabid if I were you. Any of your boys would be good as long as they are in good condition.
Hope I helped.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #60 
Aluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
What is that supposed to mean? I'm a kid and I take care of my bettas better than some 30 year-old people.
Chutney, there are things to consider, such as supplies, homes and stuff. If you feel that you have checked everything off and that you are ready, then go ahead. Ilikebutterflies does have a good point: it's your fish, do what you want.
Are you just breeding for pets, or show? If you are breeding for show, I would invest in a good sibling pair from Aquabid if I were you. Any of your boys would be good as long as they are in good condition.
Hope I helped.

When i think of a kid i think of someone whose 8-9, which you aren't. I think kids starts to learn what responsibility is around 12-13. I would trust a 13 year old to watch my fishroom for a weekend, i would not trust a 9 year old to watch my fishes for a weekend.
Closed Thread