Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:35 PM   #81 
PetMania

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambijarvis View Post
At a certain point Y'all are just being mean about this(amusing, lol, but mean~stern face~).
Amen! I do agree that the poster's claims are questionable, but I am disappointed by the comments on this thread. Enthusiasm is encourged, not frowned upon. I am shocked that y'all would stoop to this level of mocking. Very, very shameful.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:03 PM   #82 
Jennifer Vazquez

I would wholeheartedly encourage , enthusiasm, questions, and advice. However I cannot encourage flat out lying. I love this forum and I would never be mean to someone with real questions and comments but we are all friends here, and everyone here is not making any money, or forced to be here, so when someone takes up the time of the members here with outragouse claims and nothing to back it up it's irritating. when someone asks for advice they can choose to accept the advice or not, that's their prerogative, but to get so upset wwith the members that are really only trying to help is not right. most of the mocking in this thread is really just pokeing fun, not meant to cause real damage. I also feel that if someone is capable of fabricating a huge lie, then they should accept the concequences when they are caught, and maybe learn from them.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #83 
shannonpwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetMania View Post
Amen! I do agree that the poster's claims are questionable, but I am disappointed by the comments on this thread. Enthusiasm is encourged, not frowned upon. I am shocked that y'all would stoop to this level of mocking. Very, very shameful.
Enthusiasm is different than lying. Their claims are not questionable, their claims are a lie.
Old 10-03-2013, 12:34 AM   #84 
blufish425

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonpwns View Post
Enthusiasm is different than lying. Their claims are not questionable, their claims are a lie.
+1 to this

Although at this point is seems the OP has deserted the thread
Old 10-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #85 
PetMania

I'm saying this with my hand on the Bible. Okay. I know the poster was lying. But I am NOT making any accusations or taking part in saying how wrong the OP is. I don't care if s/he lied, you guys were mocking and joking. Even though we are all friends, and that they "wasted your time", you don't have right to bring them down.
Retaliation is W-R-O-N-G
Old 10-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #86 
Ilikebutterflies

Ok. We all know we are dealing with a kid most likely. The most I'd say to even my own kid is a snarky "yeah right...sure you did". This kid obviously came on here armed with very little information but a great need for approval...as many of our younger crowd tend to do. I'm all for being helpful but I don't tolerate brattiness either-reprimands were needed in several of his posts. I'd love for the kid to come back and get good advice and raise nice fish. This really isn't rocket science as some may try and have everyone believe. You can go from never having a betta to a top breeder in a matter of a few years if you are willing to take the steps. It's not all that hard to read up on information, It's not all that hard to find quality stock and the learning curve isn't all that steep. I'm sure a mature kid could handle every single aspect of betta breeding and care. I'm sure it would actually be great for a kid. Hmmmm that gives me some ideas for at risk kids. The OP may have deserted this thread but was on BF on 10/2 so we know he's still around.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #87 
Ilikebutterflies

@ Petmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikebutterflies
I don't know if you are a kid or not-sounds like you probably are so here is some free advice. .
What is that supposed to mean? I'm a kid and I take care of my bettas better than some 30 year-old people.
It means I wouldn't bother with giving an adult acting that way any type of advice. I feel it would be stepping on their toes because they would be old enough to know better but since the OP really showed his age and...well...immaturity...I felt like he could use some advice from an adult.
I have no doubt in my mind kids can take care of and even breed bettas. Like I said...it's really not all that hard. Just tons of work.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #88 
dramaqueen
Banned

We don't know why the op did what he/she did but PetMania is right. When someone does what the op did it's easy to criticize and make fun but we really shouldn't do that.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #89 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

It's not only the members who "made fun of" the op to blame (though they went too far IMO)... I was personally kind of offended the op would try to pass that off, when there are members like me who spend a whole lot of time raising fry. It's like they don't take it seriously.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #90 
Sakura8

Hey everyone, I think this thread has run its course. I'm going to close it now.
Closed Thread