Betta Fish Forum banner

Smurfy girl,swollen stomach

2K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  fishyinpa 
#1 ·
Well I just checked on her. She is still acting very crazy like. I dunno why. But I got out my flashlight and her stomach area is swollen. She has some fin rot as well. I am gonna do a full change on her tank and treat her with Jungle Labs fungus stuff I had. :-?

#6 · (Edited)
Not the case what so ever unless you let it go untreated. It certainly will not "poison" other fish either.

Please do not come here spreading incorrect information.

Fin rot is very treatable. Fishyinpa, are you certain it is fungal fin rot and not bacterial? anti fungus will not treat bacterial fin rot.

The best treatment is salt baths and water changes.

As far as the swollen stomach, fast her for a few days and see if it goes down. she may just be constipated

#5 ·
uh what fishiesrock?

drama,she may have not gone potty from yesterday. but she does have fin rot for sure.

#7 ·
oh,darn I dunno. She came with it. It says its antifungal and antibacterial. Yeah,I think maybe she hasnt gone potty yet lol. I am just paranoid. Thanks Neenjar.

#10 ·
Well I just checked on her and her stomach is like,woh very bloated. I fed her couple days ago,but I dunno why she has such problems going potty. Should i stop the jungle labs stuff? I dunno if its helping or hurting. I am gonna try an epsom salt bath. Dunno how she is gonna like it but I will try.

#12 ·
yes I did lol. I dunno what her problem is. Poor girl.

#15 ·
Yeah. I dunno . i just remember it didnt help Morado any. Made it worse. So I am gonna try a salt bath on her. Hope that helps. Maybe fast her a couple more days and then daphnia.

#17 ·
Shes in her salt bath now. Doesnt seem to be freaking out or passing out. I dont think. Sometimes when she swims her body kinda goes in a s shape. Is that normal?

#19 ·
Yeah,I kinda remember it too but cant find anything.

#20 ·
K i just read on petfish that it is a sign of sbd. Great. Shes not overfed thats for sure. So maybe something she was born with? Or infection. But im treating with jungle labs fungus and bacteria.

#22 ·
Yah,guess some do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.