Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #1 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

Exclamation Tetra Easy Balance

Hello everyone!
I just recently got the Tetra Easy Balance product to help keep my betta and my friends betta's water chemistry stable. On the back it says use 10 ml for every 10 gal. My tank is only a 1.5 gal and my friends tank is a 1 gal. (we are poor college students, I plan on getting a bigger tank in december) So we only need to use 1 ml of the Easy Balance. (for me 1.5 ml)

My question is how many drops would I add in my betta's tank? My friend looked it up and they said 1 or 2 drops. But I feel like that is a bit off. I already added 2 drops yesterday. How many drops of Tetra Easy Balance would me and my friend add to our 1.5 Gal and 1 Gal tanks?? Thankies!! <3
KawaiiRainbowMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #2 
JelloBetta

I use only three. It should guarantee you a healthy fish, there is no reason to not add 3 drops.
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #3 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

Alright I was just making sure :D
Old 08-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #4 
JelloBetta

Never hurts to check :)
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #5 
rickey
Banned

I wouldn't use any drops myself but that me

Rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #6 
Hallyx
Reference Team

From the Tetra website:"EasyBalanceŽ offers a number of benefits, including reduction of phosphate, stabilization of pH and KH, and replenishment of essential trace elements and minerals. One teaspoon treats 5 gallons.
Regular use of EasyBalanceŽ reduces the need for water changes for up to 6 months."

I don't trust a product which messes with the pH. Tapwater, regularly changed, should provide sufficient trace elements and minerals. Suggesting a product can reduce the need for water changes is irresponsible. Saying it can reduce the need for water changes for six months is criminal.

I have never held Tetra Inc in high regard. This diminishes my opinion of them even further.

One of the best water conditioners is Seachem Prime. I recommend it highly, as do most of the keepers on here.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #7 
KawaiiRainbowMuffin

I still plan on changing his water every other day until his fin rot subsides and I can't really afford anything else for him right now. :c
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #8 
rickey
Banned

I ain't putting none of this in any of my tanks. By the way none of this came from Tetra I had to dig this out on my own from the Governments MSDS
Sodium Hydroxide 2.5% ( also known as caustic soda,or Lye)
Tartaric Acid 2.5% (a white crystalline diprotic aldaric acid. It occurs naturally in many plants)
Formaldehyde 2.5% (Many aquarists use formaldehyde as a treatment for the parasites Ichthyophthirius multifiliis and Cryptocaryon irritans.)
The other ingredients are Sucrose 3.1% and Water 89.4%

Rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #9 
Blue Fish

I don't like any product that has formaldehyde in it. (You probably know, but formaldehyde is a preservative for both dead bodies and for tissue samples...I can't imagine anything good coming from it for a living creature...) As Halyx said, Prime is good, but a good basic water conditioner for a cheap price is the Jungle Start Right water dechlorinator product. You can get it at walmart and it's about 6-7$ for a big bottle, which will last for *months* in such a small tank.

I don't believe it has anything in it other than aloe for their slime coat, and dechlorinator to make the tap water safe. It won't mess with your water hardness, pH, or ammonia/nitrites/nitrates, but in a tank that small, you don't need to mess with any of this stuff, just keep up with your water changes. :)

I hope this helps!!
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #10 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Quote:
(You probably know, but formaldehyde is a preservative for both dead bodies and for tissue samples...
Not to mention a carcinogen...
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water chemistry