Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #11 
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scienceluvr8 View Post
Yeah, the same thing happened to me....dumb people at petco. Anyways, yeah I purchased the Dracaena Sanderiana as well, but to my surprise it is doing really good. Since I bought it about a month ago, it has some new shoots and its really green, it is only in a 1.5 gallon tank, but I have been supplementing it with FloraPride drops from Tetra. Yeah, I read that it is semiaquatic, but mine for some odd reason, is doing well, lol.
It will do ok for a month or two. Lucky Bamboo grows in almost stagnant water in the jungles. The leafs, though, must be out of the water. It simply can not pull enough co2 from the water and the plant will begin to die. I suggest you get it out of there and just put it in a cup of water near a window(I have be growing Lucky Bamboo for about 7 years now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2b View Post
Well I went back and the girl said "you looked like you really like them, so we didn't have the heart to tell you. you ready to go see some real aquatic plants?" So I ended up getting two different ones, one was the amazon sword plant and the other was wendith or something .... and again learned a ton of info I didn't know before. She told me they never sold them before but the manager wanted to bring them in. But they always tell people to not buy them so they will get rid of them. I should have known when I saw all of them there still. I just had this gut feeling not to buy them and I didn't follow it. Next time I will, but they were all so nice and showed me what I could choose from.
I don't know how I would react to them saying that. "I wanted aquatic plants the FIRST time I was in here!" Oh and how much did you pay for the bamboo? You can but that stuff 14 inches high online for about $1.40 lol.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #12 
dr2b

Quote:
I don't know how I would react to them saying that. "I wanted aquatic plants the FIRST time I was in here!" Oh and how much did you pay for the bamboo? You can but that stuff 14 inches high online for about $1.40 lol.
The plant label didn't say "Lucky Bamboo". It said "4" White Ribbon." When I came home and googled the scientific name, it simply began popping up with "Lucky Bamboo." Like even the plant it self didn't look like lucky bamboo. It had just the leaves, not the stem of lucky bamboo. But those little rip of tubes are $4.99 a piece. It looks like when I went to the store this weekend they had 1 or 2 missing .... but not to many. They even had bulbs you could plant in your tank and would grow...called "betta bulbs." Lol but my new plants are doing good, and I think my fish are a lot happier with the ones I did buy. I'm just glad I googled them before I took them home that night to plant them. I just had this gut feeling that day in the store "something is wrong."
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote