Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-30-2013, 05:12 PM   #1 
shannonpwns

Troy still won't eat...

I got the plecocaine in the mail today (which is what his breeder fed him on), and tried to feed it, but he won't even go near that! It's like crushed up pellet size, so the size is not an issue. I tried crushed pellets too, no go. And garlic soaked pellets, no go. Garlic soaked crushed pellets....still nothing. (These attempts were at different times during the past few days.) I stopped giving him bloodworms also, not that he'd eat a lot of those anyways, and that still didnt entice him to eat anything.

I don't know what to do, he's starting to look thin from the top. He doesn't act strange, I've tried stimulating him with visible females, just flares, but no eating after still. I take the cardboard divider down from between his and another males tank, he flares but it still doesn't stimulate him to want to eat. Today I caved and gave him bloodworms, but he only ate 2.

I've had him for 16 days and he's maybe eaten 8 bloodworms the entire time, including the 2 he ate today.

Any other feeding suggestions? I'm getting really worried that he's going to die eventually from starvation.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #2 
ANHEL123

If he is acting healthy , and there is no visual symptoms on the body i would thin he is just a stubborn and still adjusting to the new environment. I had fish that took me more than 2 wks to eat. He ate wanted only blood worms. I did fast him and it didn't help. I also tried to crushed the pellets and mix it with the blood worms. I tempted him with flakes. I don't feed my betta with flakes but i did tempt that fish with flakes. So try to mixed ,even crushed bw with flakes, then bw with crushed pellets. You have to try and try...until he will eat. I know it seems like he will never eat. That betta that i had finally ate and it took him long time to do it. The only thing i was lucky that i kept him at work and could keep eye on him literally 8 straight hours. Remove uneaten food so it don't contaminate the water. And just in case he might be sick do not share anything between him and your other fish.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #3 
shannonpwns

Hopefully he starts eating soon...he doesn't seem ill, here's a pic of him flaring right now. http://imgur.com/e6tY6h1
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #4 
ANHEL123

He is gorgeous and looks healthy so far. And he also eats blood worms meaning that he just don't want to eat the pellets. I just bought fish a wk ago for my coworker. He even ate the pellets a few times .I gave him to coworker ,she brought him back today because he is spitting them out. I took him home today and he ate frozen blood worms perfectly fine. So i know he is not sick but just want blood worms. If he would act not healthy or change his behavior , or refusing bw then you know something wrong with him.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote