Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-31-2013, 09:41 PM   #1 
bettacrazygirl86

Goodbye, Patriot.

Today, I put down my boy, Patriot. It was hard, but I knew it had to be done. He came down with dropsy and pineconed. I knew he wouldn't get any better, and if by some miracle, he did, he wouldn't truly be better. I was unprepared and couldn't have treated him properly anyway, had I known sooner...

I couldn't bare to see him suffer. He just looked miserable and it seemed like such an effort for him to swim up for air, even though I had the water level low enough that he wouldn't even have far to go. I feel like I did the right thing, but it still upsets me to see him go...

I remember when I first saw him in my LFS. I wasn't planning on buying a fish, but it was my first time in that store, and I saw him. It was like love at first sight. I couldn't afford him then, and I was upset that I wouldn't be able to take him home with me. When I came back two weeks later, he was still there! I found him and I brought him home. I absolutely adored him, and I still do even though he's gone. He had such a sweet personality and he seemed to love me. He would always come greet me whenever I would walk by... When I'd lay upside down on my bed, he would come to the side of the tank closest to me and wiggle. I'm going to miss him. He was so sweet. I only got one year with him. Not even, really. I brought him home in the winter... I remember sticking his cup under my shirt inside my coat to keep him warm on the way home. It's hard to believe that he's gone. It was so fast. He was fine only two days ago. He got so sick so fast... I'm really going to miss him.

Goodbye, Patriot. Swim in peace, little guy. I love you.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:59 PM   #2 
Jdillio1988

The bond that these little guys can share with us is truly amazing. So sorry for your loss!
Jdillio1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 11:43 PM   #3 
bettacrazygirl86

It breaks my heart. I loved having him. I was hoping to have him as a homework desk buddy during college... I was even revolving all of my desk/office supplies around him and his little KK, so I could make sure I'd have room for him. Now I guess his not biological sister will be taking that spot on my desk.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:16 AM   #4 
Loz

Sorry for your loss, it does get easier as time passes. x
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Patriot sounds like a special little guy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote