Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #11 
Lloyd28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't worry people assume way too much in real life and on the net, they do not realize things/animals/objects and so on are called different things in different countries in germany they are commonly referred to as rumble fish......and I am sure they have many other names
Thanks some people on here are way to serious and dont realise theres more countries than there own.
Lloyd28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:32 AM   #12 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh I knew they are often referred to as Fighting fish because of their past and their nature, I just wanted to make sure lol. Of course people who plan to fight them probably don't give them as nice of a tank as you did lol I wasn't assuming but just wanted to make sure that you weren't doing illegal things was all and I'm happy you got your boy.

And yes he will grow up and fill out more, his fins will get longer and he'll grow in body size

Water lettuce is good but he might eat the roots which gives no cover in the actual tank is all, well....my boys did at least >.> darn omnivore fish XD I keep trying to tell them that they can't go vegetarian on me haha But otherwise Water Lettuce is good for soaking up ammonia and stuff like that which will help with the quality of your water
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #13 
Elsewhere

Hey, I saw your tank in the Enthusiasts group on FB! Still loving it, and the new pics are awesome!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #14 
JelloBetta

He looks like a veil tail to me :)

I'm glad to hear your not using him for fighting.
JelloBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #15 
Lloyd28

Thanks for your replys and coments and sorry for the misunderstanding lol
Old 09-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #16 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

No worries Lloyd ^_^ it happens to the best of us haha. It is hard to communicate over the internet and of course if someone calls one thing a name, someone else might call it something different; happens all the time. Just wanted to make sure was all!! We learn new things every day
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #17 
Lloyd28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
No worries Lloyd ^_^ it happens to the best of us haha. It is hard to communicate over the internet and of course if someone calls one thing a name, someone else might call it something different; happens all the time. Just wanted to make sure was all!! We learn new things every day
No problem
Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #18 
blufish425

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
Don't worry people assume way too much in real life and on the net, they do not realize things/animals/objects and so on are called different things in different countries in germany they are commonly referred to as rumble fish......and I am sure they have many other names

Oh I like Rumble Fish, I'm using that from now on! :P

Very cute boy you've got there, looks just like my Amp! (he's the one in my picture ) Have you named him?
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #19 
Lloyd28

Hes called DAVE lol
Old 09-01-2013, 09:22 PM   #20 
Lamb

Personally I thought someone who fights wouldn't spend any money on any kind of set up. Just wanted to make sure though.... since I've got here there have been some very unsavory characters who tried posting here, and I'm guessing they must have been trolls.

I just wish people wouldn't say others are ignorant, that comes off a little arrogant. We're all here because we share the same passion, I think people here are well aware that this is the internet and there are many people from many different countries. One would assume betta is a term comprehended since this is bettafish.com. That is why fighter wasn't understood, for me at least. And knowing people do fight, some people may think it is okay to do so. Most people I've seen believe it's a natural part that can be simulated but fail to understand that in the wild they can escape and aren't confined to the equivalent of a cup.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote