Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-13-2009, 06:35 PM   #1 
animalover

Cool What fish tank should i get??

i really want to get a fish and i was thinking of a betta. but i need a bigger tank i heard you need a 2 galleon tank but how wide and long is that? and do you think betta's are good fish do they swim and do stuff if you take care of them properly? if you dont suggest a betta then what kinda a fish do you sugest? what if you cant get a thermometer so how do you check the tempature?

Last edited by animalover; 07-13-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: spelling was wrong
animalover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #2 
doggyhog

A two gallon is the minimum size for a tank. I'm sure there are lots of tanks to choose from at your local pet store. I suggest a 5 gallon though! A great size for Bettas! Bettas have SO much personality!!! You will not regret getting a betta if you really want a fish. I have 4 and they are just awesome.

Oh, and Welcome to the FishForum.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #3 
Scienceluvr8

Well, I don't see how you couldn't get one. Thermometers are really cheap, I bought one at my groccery store for under 2 dollars. For tanks, the Minibow types are really good. I have two tanks, a 1 and 2.5 gallon, and they're great. So, for the most part, bettas are wonderful fish, and all they need is some good love and care and they should be fine.
Scienceluvr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:17 PM   #4 
Starbright

Of course you should get a betta! They're the most amazing fish out there! I want more and more! They're beautiful, spunky, and clean fish... what else could you ask for? :)

Lemme show you some of my favorite tanks!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...N&color_name=2

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...type=undefined

Or a simple all glass 2.5 or 5 gallon tank! :) Those are probably the cheaper of the 3 choices
Starbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #5 
dr2b

I defintely recommend a betta. They are awesome fish, have lots of personality, and are pretty hardy lil fish. But I don't understand why you wouldn't be able to get a thermometer, they aren't expensive.
Welcome to FishForum!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. I agree with all the others. Bettas are wonderful and full of personality and they are very addictive! You can also get a critter keeper to put it in. I have a 1.5 gallon and 2 2.5 gallon critter keepers. They are big enough also to put a heater in. Like everyone else said, thermometers aren't too expensive and there are also the kind that stick to the outside of the tank, although they aren't quite as accurate as the kind you put in the tank with a suction cup.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:45 PM   #7 
animalover

Cool Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to FishForum. I agree with all the others. Bettas are wonderful and full of personality and they are very addictive! You can also get a critter keeper to put it in. I have a 1.5 gallon and 2 2.5 gallon critter keepers. They are big enough also to put a heater in. Like everyone else said, thermometers aren't too expensive and there are also the kind that stick to the outside of the tank, although they aren't quite as accurate as the kind you put in the tank with a suction cup.

thanks eveyone! Now i know i really want a betta fish! Now i know everything i needed to know! Now i just need to buy a tank and thermometers and a betta! Im so excited!!
Old 07-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Don't forget dechlorinator, a net, gravel or glass gems, plants and decorations! :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #9 
animalover

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Don't forget dechlorinator, a net, gravel or glass gems, plants and decorations! :)

don't worry i all ready bought most of that stuff i just need a couple plants but found a tank that came with some
Old 07-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #10 
animalover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbright View Post
Of course you should get a betta! They're the most amazing fish out there! I want more and more! They're beautiful, spunky, and clean fish... what else could you ask for? :)

Lemme show you some of my favorite tanks!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...N&color_name=2

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...type=undefined

Or a simple all glass 2.5 or 5 gallon tank! :) Those are probably the cheaper of the 3 choices
thanks! how much are the tanks? They look really good they are te right size right?