Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #1 
Studiobuddy

Hi! I'm Brand New to Bettas

Actually, this is my first tank and first fish. I was trying to hold out until I saw just the one I wanted and had been picturing (waiting for a breeder to get back to me) but this guy stole my heart at a LPS... I just got him this morning. He is super curious and seems very healthy. Would love to know what you think. His coloring reminds me of the red plumage on the roman helmets ;) His name is Marcus Aurelius. From what I have read, I believe he is a red cambodian, is that right?

Studiobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #2 
Lamb

I'm on my phone but I think he's a halfmoon or at the very least super delta red dragon? I think the scales are covering a layer of red maybe? Hopefully someone who is in their computer will correct me if I'm wrong. He's gorgeous and I love the name!
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #3 
chrisandtif

I love the name, and the décor! What a handsome fella!
chrisandtif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #4 
peachii

He's beautiful! Nice color on him.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:21 AM   #5 
Studiobuddy

Thanks!

Yes Lamb, I think you're right, he seems to be a halfmoon at least that's what it said. You can see his scales pretty well on his head but not his body, but I am not sure, I need to read more about the dragon type...?

I guess a red cambodian is one that has a light flesh like colored body and red fins, but he has spots on his head so not sure if that qualifies.. anyway it's fun learnng about all of this. They are such a fascinating and beautiful fish. It's going to be had to stick to just one ;)
Studiobuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #6 
RainbowsHaven

Oh my goodness! He's so beautiful! :D I can see why he stole your heart~ I agree that it's hard to stick to just one, I want another boy so badly, but I know I should wait until I move and get settled in in a few months. I've done so much window shopping though, haha.
RainbowsHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:51 AM   #7 
Lamb

Welcome by the way! And I think he's a red Dragon which is very pretty and his scales are gorgeous. I personally prefer Dragon over Cambodian.
Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #8 
peachii

One is how it starts. Then it turns into "on look at this one", then" oh just one more" and again "maybe just one more" Until you are like most of us and have 12 or 14 :P

They are addictive but so very rewarding.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:26 PM   #9 
bettaHI

It is not a red dragon because it is not a dragon scale betta. It is most likely a halfmooon but we wont know unless you post a picture of him flaring.It is a nice looking fish, nice find! Congrats. The tank setup looks awesome as well.

Last edited by bettaHI; 09-02-2013 at 12:30 PM.
bettaHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:40 PM   #10 
grammymary

Marcus Aurelius is BEAUTIFUL but I also have to comment on your tank, it's gorgeous! Your betta will be very happy living there. ��
grammymary is offline   Reply With Quote