Betta Fish Forum banner

Opinions...

4K views 63 replies 14 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I was wondering instead of splitting one of my 10 gallons in two, would it be okay to split it in 3? Each betta would have about 6.67 inches of space. I just didn't want to leave Merlin all by himself in a one gallon tank. The only problem with Merlin, is hoping his white stuff doesn't come back if I put him in bigger tank. So I'll probably leave the one gallon set up just in case. Opinions? Do you think it's enough space? It's a little over 3 gallons per betta. Thanks guys.

#28 ·
Thanks! I really like it too. I can't wait for Ember to get better so I can have all of them in it. I'll post a pic or two on Sunday when I get Merlin and Fishy in it.

#29 ·
Nice tank! Good luck getting everybody better :)

#30 ·
Thanks. Seems like everyone but Ember is better now. Fishy is in his last treatment for Ich. Merlin is done with his treatment. So now I just have to wait until Ember gets better and I won't have anymore sick fish. lol. I can't wait to get a job because then I can get filters and heaters which will make their chances of getting sick even slimmer.

#33 ·
I was thinking of doing that myself. It would be a lot easier and take up less space.
Splitting a 10g tank in threes leave each betta with 3.33g of water. That's suitable.
One question I have for you though is, is there a heater in the tank? Or do you not need one for a 10 gallon tank? Or is the room they're in pretty warm all the time?

#34 ·
I don't have one. It usually stays pretty warm except for at night. I'm going to get an adjustable heater eventually. If you want to do it, I would. It seems like enough room, pretty spacious for them. I like the setup. I really want to come up with an excuse to get another betta and split my other 10 gallon in 3. lol.

#37 ·
Yeah same here. Just graduated High School... and I'm jobless. So I've been bugging mom for 5 five bucks at Petco and Petsmart for a betta. She's starting to get annoyed, lol. But luckily we're having a yardsale this weekend so i'm going to sell a bunch of my junk in hopes of being able to get more betta to keep myself occupied >.>

But I'm also planning on breeding Horizon and Amir... so I need another couple tanks too...

#44 ·
Yeah I know. Then I would love to get all into it and get the ones I could sell really expensive like Faith. I would love to make my own strains of bettas.

#47 ·
Yeah, I would love a betta shop. Just everything dedicated to bettas. Lots of bettas, tanks all 2.5 gal or bigger....stuff like that. It would be awesome.

#50 ·
I was actually thinking about breeding Blue and Aqua soon. That small store called Land and Sea Pets, well I'm friends with the lady there and I want to see if we can take one of the empty shelves out of the back room and see if she'll let me see the babies at her store.

#52 ·
Okay here's a few pics. I'll put all of these and more in an album on my page.

Acclimating them

Fishy

Merlin

Two more of Merlin

Two more of Fishy

And finally one of all the tanks.

Hope you like! Can't wait to add Ember.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.