Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #11 
Aluka

9/1/2013

I checked on him again today, his bubble nest is much bigger and super thick! When i peaked there were fry trying to swim at the bottom. As usual my boy is ignoring his fry and opt to flare at me. I will stop bothering him. I wonder when will the fry be free swimming =)?

There's still LOTS of eggs on the bottom, is that normal?
Attached Images

Aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #12 
bambijarvis

Some males won't work ont he nest until they have to, and even then only enough for the eggs. xD

Congrats on the fry. Gorgeous pair.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #13 
snowflake311

Can't wait to see what the fry look like. Marbles are so cool you never know what you will get.
snowflake311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #14 
Aluka

thanks! =)

I can't wait either i see some fry swiming around. i hope my frys are free swiming by tonight =)!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #15 
JayM

Congratulations.
Our marble CT & turquoise female fry hatched on 1st Sept.
Counted 16 tails the next morning & then noticed some brownish stuff on the eggs & around. Fry were free swimming by the next day so removed cup & got rid of as much of the fungus as I could.
We have managed to find 8 fry. Still hoping some more are hiding amongst the anubias & ambulia.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #16 
Aluka

Oh Sorry to hear that =( Good luck! the frys are so tiny there is probably more hiding!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #17 
Aluka

9/4/2013

I check the gang before bed, i noticed about 5-6 frys that are free swiming (darting around and swiming near the surface. So i removed daddy. He is not happy. Not sure if i removed him too early. Is it bad to remove him too early? Should i put him back?

I turned on my sponge filter but at about 1/10 the strength because the water level is low and its distrubing the water. I don't want to mess up the bubble nest, since there might still be fry unhatched.

I also filled a 5 gallon bucket with water, i am going to let it sit next to the tank till tomorrow. I will set up a drip tomorrow morning to drip into the tank.

Should i feed them now? or feed them tomorrow? i'm really worried they are hungry =<....

I'll take pictures tomorrow, its kind of late now, lol 2 am =<...
Old 09-04-2013, 06:36 AM   #18 
JayM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluka View Post
Oh Sorry to hear that =( Good luck! the frys are so tiny there is probably more hiding!
Thanks. We are hoping some are hiding. :)

Don't put Daddy back! Wish I could tell if mine were grumpy.
Do you have microworms, vinegar eels?? I have been feeding ours microworms & vinegar eels. Vinegar ees last a few days in the tank whereas MW don't. I would feed them.

Look forward to photos.
JayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #19 
Aluka

9/4/13

So most of my fry has hatched. I dripped about 5 gallon of water into the tank. I will probably do a water change tomorrow. I tried taking pictures, but they are so TINY!! This is the best picture i can get.

I have microworms and banana worm cultures ready. How do you feed them? My frys don't stay together, all of them hang out at different places. O.o Some of them hang out near the surface with my water lettuce at different places and some of them are hanging out near the bottom. I wiped some banana worms and dipped the qtips at different points hoping to get some fed =(.
Attached Images

Old 09-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #20 
Aluka

I cleaned some of the dirty stuff on the bottom of the tank with a turkey baster. Caught alot of fry while do it, i just poured them back in. I dripped till the tank is about 2/3 full, i'll probably fill the rest tomorrow after i clean some more.

I added 5 cherry shrimps and 1 baby mystery snail to help eat any uneaten and dead banana worms. I might have fed them 4 times today =<...

I will cut back tomorrow. lol =(

Its hard to count them they are never together, but there should be at least 20-50 of them. I am hoping to have around 30. =)