I think that the thing most betta owners struggle with is naming their new bundle of joy! Here are the steps I take to name a betta:
1. Actions: Does it blow bubbles? Is it fast? Slow?
Names: Bubble, Speedy, Turtle.
2. Looks: Is it red, white and blue? Pink and purple?
Names: Patriot, Girl.
3. Personalities: Is it shy? Maybe it likes to attack your finger?
Names: Scaredy Cat, Killer.
4. Buying circumstances: Did you get is as a present? Maybe because you were sad?
Names: Gift, Smiles.
5. Buying day. What day did you get it on? What was the weather?
Names: Monday, Sunny.
6. Things that you like: Who is your favorite person?
Names: Steve Jobs.
7. Passed bettas: Did you recently lose a betta?
Names: Sir Fishy the Second.
Maybe this can be a Sticky?