Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1 
Alyssabubbles

NLS .5mm food- how much to feed and how?

The NLS .5mm are tiny!! I don't know how i would feed 2-3 pellets without thinking theyre still hungry. Plus... I dont even know how to really grab the pellets. Theyre small! And there's so many lol
Alyssabubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #2 
Polkadot

I have the 1mm NLS pellets & they are tiny enough,lol.I bought a little pair of tweezers that I use for my boys NLS pellets.I pick them up (I feed them 4 pellets each feeding time) with the tweezers and put them in a little plastic spoon,then tap them out into the water just in front of them.
Polkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #3 
Hallyx
Reference Team

I pick a bunch up on the tip of a wet toothpick. When I dip it into the water, they come off and float. How much to feed is something you learn.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:14 PM   #4 
JamieL

My boys eat that food. I bought it so the baby betta could manage them, but since its such a big jar I just feed it to all the bettas. the fully grown males get 6-8 pellets a time, the pellets are so small. That's about how many I've figured out make their stomachs round out ever so slightly, and they still beg for more, the little piggies. I usually just take a pinch and count them out as I sprinkle them in. I admit I spill some every now and then because they're practically microscopic.
JamieL is offline   Reply With Quote