betta fish

Old 11-14-2013, 01:22 AM   #121 
whatsupyall

Looks great Shannon! :)
Keep up the good work.
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 04:28 PM   #122 
Champion Betta

I call dibs on the marble one! Maybe I could get a female too? Hopefully you will have some left in December! If not, save me a pair.. I will be forever grateful!
Champion Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #123 
shannonpwns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo Osorio View Post
If you have any females turn out jus like mommy I want one!
I hope there is some too! Only time will tell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupyall View Post
Looks great Shannon! :)
Keep up the good work.
Thanks! & Thank you so much for this girl, she is a great fish! I love her so much! Even though she killed another female in my sorority, she's still my favorite LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion Betta View Post
I call dibs on the marble one! Maybe I could get a female too? Hopefully you will have some left in December! If not, save me a pair.. I will be forever grateful!
I will have plenty in December, they are all available still. :)

----

I've noticed some of the "cello" looking ones, are turning out to have yellow fins! That's exciting! The yellow is very faint, so it's hard to capture in a picture, but they are definitely turning yellow! My favorite betta baby, who had spotted orange on its anal fin, and looked like it was wearing lipstick, now has solid orange fins and is starting to get orange spotting coming in on his/her face! It's really exciting to watch them change!

Some of the larger ones are showing iridescence as well.

I am doing 50% water changes mostly every day, sometimes I have skipped a day or two due to life. I siphon the poop up every other day though, I've been lazy about that for the past month. They are being fed a cube of frozen brine shrimp morning and night, and I also give them NLS grow for lunch and frozen daphnia is occasionally substituted for breakfast. I'm going to try them on some chopped frozen blood worms some time this week. I've considered feeding them beefheart, but have decided against it because of some things I have read about digestion and beefheart.

Otherwise, they are doing great! I love them so much, and this has been such a great experience. Now I can only hope that I am able to package them properly when they are old enough to be shipped out to new homes.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #124 
sushiisaboss75

omg! i want to breed so bad but im only 12 years old. and its expensive. i guess i have to wait 10 yrs.
sushiisaboss75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 12:48 PM   #125 
Champion Betta

You can try! I am going to attempt this spring!
Champion Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #126 
shannonpwns

It does get really expensive. :(
Old 11-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #127 
DatBetta

Post some pics! I want to breed too I'm only 14 haha. I want to see your favorite he/she sounds gorgeous. Also how do you upload on mobile I have a device and would like to know :p
DatBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 07:32 PM   #128 
whatsupyall

Lol, I was attempting to breed bettas at the age of 10 or so. Didn't succeed, but it was quite the excitement. :)
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #129 
shannonpwns

The momma has started changing her markings around. I've been slowly watching it for the past month or so. Her dorsal fin, which was all orange when I got her, has a ton of black spots on it now. Same with her anal fin. She has more orange on her body too, it seems to be spreading from her dorsal fin down into her body. And she has a lot of black on her body now too. It'll be interesting to watch just how much she changes.

She had an injury to her bottom lip after attacking and killing another female, but that's healed completely since she lives alone in a 2.5 now.

Ill get some pics of the babies in a few. They're hard to capture since they go crazy when they see me cause they're pigs lol.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #130 
shannonpwns

http://imgur.com/xj0JFWW

The pic on the right, you can see two of the yellow ones, and the one in the very bottom right corner is my favorite baby, the one with the lipstick.