Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #1 
jesssan2442

Newborn baby

So my best friend's family is adopting a baby boy who is due in January! I'm thinking of making an awesome gift basket type thing with all sorts of stuff in it but I'm not really sure what might be cool.. If anybody has any ideas please tell me!

Just incase it makes a difference his nursery will be western themed!
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

That is a cool idea! I think any baby items would be nice. Booties, clothes, rattles pacifiers, blankets... anything baby related. Lotions, powder etc.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #3 
Freyja
Banned

Diapers, diapers, diapers, wipes, burp clothes, and...did i mention diapers? Also include something for just the couple, like a babysitting session so they can have a breather or a gift card to their fave restaurant or cook or provide them dinner one night or help with laundry.

Last edited by Freyja; 09-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #4 
jesssan2442

I think they are using clothe diapers but I will ask... They are going to make homemade wipes.. They don't have ANY burp clothes yet so I'll get some of those! My mom is going to make a diaper bag because she is just crafty like that so I think I will get some onesies, pants, burp clothes, bips, a jacket, socks, and hats to put in the diaper bag! I might see if I can make a small blanket using the extra diaper bag fabric too... I'm also making some canvas art for the baby's room but I already have the supplies for that I just need the time! For everything else I need $ but my birthday is next week so I'm gonna use my money on baby stuff! They invited me to be at the hospital when he is born but he is gonna be born 4hrs away and I would have no where to stay so I'm gonna be at their house when they get home!
Old 09-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think making something for the baby's room is another great idea.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:08 AM   #6 
Moonshine357

I find that I am always needing binkies- one day I'm going to move something and find the thirty missing binkies. Another thing that I didn't have that I needed was a scrub brush for the inside of the bottles.

One of my friends made me meals and froze them, they were a life saver.
Moonshine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #7 
shannonpwns

One thing that I was SO happy to get, was burp cloths. (As was mentioned) And pacifiers for sure! Like moonshine said, someday ill move something and find 353672736 missing binkies hahahah. SO true!

Another thing that was probably the best gift someone got for my son, my friend got him a fleece blanket, and had his name and birthday sewn onto it! It was the most touching thing anyone got him because it was personalized!

It'll be cold in Jan, so anything warm really. Like booties or socks, newborn mittens, caps. All are fairly cheap too.

Bottle brush is another good one.
shannonpwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 
jesssan2442

I didn't think of binkies!

If you guys have cats you might want to check their hiding spots because my cat stole all the binkies and bottle nipples and hid them under our couch..
Old 09-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Lol. Bad Kitty.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM   #10 
xShainax

I crocheted my cousin a wash cloth out of baby yarn. Maybe you could do something like that?
xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote