Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #1 
rockstar26

Been away on Vacation

hey everyone, feels like forever since i've been on here! i was away on vacation for a week LOL... came home to learn that Bruiser got all wacked outta shape that he bit his tail half off.... :(

What would you suggest if fastest/safest way to treat and get his tail growing back PRONTO....

I was so upset when I came home that my poor lil boy was so stressed while i was gone :(
rockstar26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I would try Betta Fix or if you don't want to use that then I think just keeping the water extra clean will help. Were you as bad as me, worrying about your babies while on vacation? lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:07 PM   #3 
rockstar26

you darn well bet ya... i hired a lady to come care for the animals.. i kept thinking she will feed em to much or to little... it was driving me nuts...

think i should just do clean tank and aquariam salt? or add melafix to it? (i think its melafix that i have) im still exhausted from my trip!

he's in a 2 gallon, thinking of upgrading him to a 5 gallon hexagon tank SOON!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

Clean water and aquarium salt would work. I had a neighbor to come in and take care of mine. She fed them 2 pellets apiece every other day. I didn't really worry about too much or too little food because she has fish and knows not to overfeed but I thought about mine every day and wondered how they were. I missed seeing them every day. It took me 2 or 3 days to recover from my trip. lol
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #5 
rockstar26

if i go anywhere now i know i'll have to have someone watch bruiser at their own house and keep with the routine he's used to....

my poor halfmoon is a broken moon right now LOL

:(

think i should treat him in 2 gallon until he's fully recovered then buy his new tank?
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I would just go ahead and treat him in the 2 gallon. When I used to have just the 2 original fish I started out with, whenever I left to go to my brother's for Christmas, I would leave 1 fish at a neighbor's, who had a betta and friend of mine took the other one to Indiana with her for Christmas. The neighbor wouldn't keep both of them because one used to belong to another neighbor that she didn't like!