Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 AM   #1 
Philip The Fish

To those with decorative rocks

do your fish ever stare at them? lol. Smile and Blanket are always staring deeply into the rocks. I thought Blanket was dead, but no, he was just staring at the rocks. He had his face shoved in them.... anyone elses fish do this?
Philip The Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:43 AM   #2 
neenjar

Zeus lays on top of one in front of a plant some times, but only when he is tired from swimming in the current.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think thats what Blue Bonnet is doing when I find her nose in the rocks. I have glass gems and I guess she sees her reflection.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #4 
neenjar

My decorative rocks are black\grey stones that are not reflective, so Zeus is not seeing is reflection, I think that stone is just positioned in the tank in an area with no current.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #5 
Philip The Fish

yah smiles rocks are white, light green and light purple. blankets rocks are dark blue, light blue and turqoiuse lol I know neither of them are sick or anything, i just think its weird. the others have light colored rocks but they dont stare at their reflection.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #6 
neenjar

There may be food particles or something they think is food in the rocks. Betta's have an amazing nose for food. Zeus can be sleeping in his cave or under a plant leaf when I drop a pellet in. it takes a few seconds, but he snaps to life and makes a b line for where I dropped the pellet in. I choose a different place every time too and he always seems to know where to go almost immediately.

No searching and looking around. I have even tried touching the water in one place while dropping a pellet in another and it is always straight for the pellet.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

I saw Blue Bonnet actually move one of her rocks. lol
Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 AM   #8 
Philip The Fish

haha betta are smart and nifty.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yeah, I had another one that pushed the thermometer against the side of the tank and it made a clinking sound. He must have liked the sound because he did it 4 or 5 times! lol It was funny.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #10 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
I saw Blue Bonnet actually move one of her rocks. lol
If they are rocks they can see their reflection in they move them to get them out of the "turf" they want to be in at the time. I stopped putting reflective things in betta tanks as Zeus was always moving the refective stones around. When I took them out he now spends most of his time swimming in the current of the filter outlet, or sleeping to get rest from his workout, or looking for food during non feeding times.