Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #1 
TakingthePlunge

rescue!!!

I am at work right now. I work at a storage and Uhaul location. A customer came in upset with a tiny Amazon box, and said they had found this as they were moving and had no idea what to do! I was really curious, so I asked what was in the box. I was answered with little sharp cries, and she handed me the box.

Inside was a tiny smokey kitten!! Eyes are just opening!

I've done rescues before, including my old lady who is 17 now, and was reswcued at barely over this one's age. I asked the lady what she was going to do, and she said she didn't know. I told her I had experience and she looked so relieved, and just left the baby with me. I will post pictures ASAP, and hubby is bringing me replacer milk and a syringe. ZOH MY GOODNESS!
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:43 PM   #2 
TakingthePlunge

Name:  IMG_20130919_153624.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  43.3 KB

I wish I had an audio track to go along with this so you guys could hear the lungs on this little girl. My goodness, she's got a set of bellows! I am calling her Cynder, for now, and hubby is on the way with milk! (but not fast enough!)

Last edited by TakingthePlunge; 09-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #3 
JustinieBeanie

Oh my gosh what a sweetie! Even though you have experience, you might still want to take it to a vet to check it over just make sure its healthy. Let us know how it goes!
P.S.- I love your nail polish color! What brand/shade is it?
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #4 
TakingthePlunge

I will have to check the bottle when I get home, but it's the nail polich that I bought for my wedding, since my dress had the same color. ^_^

I actualy have more than just "experience". I helped with the TNR program for several years, in two different states. The TNR program is Trap, Neuter, Release, and is an integral part of feral cat colony management. When you release sterile cats back into the population, they help to outcompete the fertile ones for resources, meaning that males mate less often, and females have smaller litters. This helps keep the population down much more than capture-kill programs.

This kitten is the healthiest i have ever seen in a rescue. 12-15 days old, no sign of eye infection/upper respiratory infection, no sign of Calici Virus (another URI, like flu), and not emaciated. If all goes well, Cynder will get shots in about another 4-6 weeks, and find a new home after she gets spayed.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #5 
JustinieBeanie

Ooh your dress must've been beautiful, it's such a pretty color!
She's lucky to have someone so knowledgeable to care for her and its great that she's so healthy!
JustinieBeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:35 PM   #6 
Kittiesdragons

Aww what a sweetheart! She is beautiful and so lucky to be in the hands of someone so caring and knowlegeable :)
Kittiesdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:23 AM   #7 
jadaBlu

So cute! She will need lots of feeding. I have a more grown gray boy sitting across from me that I adopted recently.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #8 
TakingthePlunge

I hope to post more pictures when I get off work today. I am lucky that this job allows me to have her in the office with me, so that I can bottle feed her. I just can't upload pictures. Lol. She's super fat and very very sweet. She purred a little this morning and I almost died of cute overload.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #9 
Blue Fish

So cute!! I know the sounds you are talking about, and they are, by far, the cutest audible thing I've ever heard. ;) I'm so glad that she was found and has been connected to you! It sounds like a better home could not possibly have been found. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:55 AM   #10 
blufish425

Oh my gosh, how adorable!
blufish425 is offline   Reply With Quote