Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #1 
sweetviolets

Cool Betta Antics

My betta had me laughing yesterday. He is full of personality and very active.

Yesterday I thought I saw a spot on Cobalt. I got the flashlight to look at him better. (He didn't like that bright light at all!) When I was done I set the flashlight right next to his tank.

I was lying here watching a movie on my laptop. Out of the corner of my eye i saw Cobalt up to something. There he was swimming straight to the edge of his tank and bumping his nose onto the edge. He kept doing it over and over again. I'm laughing thinking what is this fish up to. Then I remembered my son's betta used to move the stuff around in his tank, rearranging plants and gravel. I looked at what was by the edge of the place where Cobalt was bumping into. There was the flashlight! I thought, you little stinker. I moved the flashlight and he immediately stopped doing the bumping and moved onto bigger and better things. This fish is a hoot to watch! Definitely good entertainment for me.
sweetviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Haahaa! Thats a cute story. Mine have done stuff like that, too, like bumping into the thermometer, making a clanking noise against the side of the bowl.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #3 
ifish

my fish moves marbles all around the tank and its very cute how devise our bettas can be lol
ifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Cute :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #5 
RBudden

My fish will flare up at the top of the tank, and then attack at it (dart at it very fast) and gulp in the air. i think he is trying to get the big air bubbles.... he will also dig in the stones i have on the bottom of the tank... he puts his head in there and then he sits there.... i used to freak out cus i thought he was stuck but he gets out just fine.... apparently enjoys sticking his head in the rocks.... maybe he thinks he is an emu!
RBudden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:13 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

If they are glass gems, he may be seeing his reflection.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:37 PM   #7 
sweetviolets

My poor Cobalt has fin rot. He is in his sick bowl and getting his salt baths and Betta treatment. I don't know how he got it as he was just put in the tank a week ago with 1 live plant. I guess I'll throw out the live plant as there are dark spots on it. Cobalt is not happy with me right now.
sweetviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:08 AM   #8 
BearFish96

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetviolets View Post
My poor Cobalt has fin rot. He is in his sick bowl and getting his salt baths and Betta treatment. I don't know how he got it as he was just put in the tank a week ago with 1 live plant. I guess I'll throw out the live plant as there are dark spots on it. Cobalt is not happy with me right now.

That's awful! Betta fish get sick very easily though. Just keep doing what you're doing I guess. Don't worry though he'll get better. Betta fish are very hardy.

BearFish96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #9 
KassiaScarlett

Lol. Gibs does that. He digs in his rocks. I moved some of the marbles I had in his vase into his tank and he likes to roll them around to different places in his tank. He also attacks his reflection. Love my little fish.
KassiaScarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 01:36 PM   #10 
BettaSquirt

When i first got Gurgle, I had a little plant in there and it floated so i had to put pebbles on the bottom to keep in from not floating. And once i put gurgle in there, he pushed all the pebbles off the plant and it was floating at the top. I was like You little stinker. heehee.
BettaSquirt is offline   Reply With Quote