Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2009, 10:25 AM   #11 
RoseyD

I've been really lucky that my betta girls have ignored my apple snail. I saw Topaz only analyze her once as she was cleaning the glass.
RoseyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #12 
Sparky

I do believe the cories are much happier in groups of 6 or more less stress on them. I would be a bit reserved on keeping all of the cories w 3 other fish and a betta sound like a bit too much for a twelve gallon tank to me. No matter what you do from my experience the Betta will be King of the tank. Not a bad thing tho since he will be the most beautiful fish there umm can you tell Im a betta snob lol. If you do keep all of those fish in the tank just be sure you have more than adequate filtration on it is all....GOOD LUCK
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #13 
sweetviolets

I'm a snail grandma! Just an update on my previous message. Cobalt ate all of the egg sacs, so I didn't think that I would have any left of the baby snails. He even tore up his body and fins one night to get the sacs behind the heater.

Today I noticed tiny tan beings moving up and down my tank walls. I looked up close and they are snails. I have counted 10 but probably have more. I took Cobalt out of the tank until I can safely move the babies into their own tank. They will all be a beautiful shade of blue. The blue Ramshorn snails go anywhere from powder blue to dark blue in color. Mine was a grayish blue.

If anyone wants some you can have them for shipping cost only. I'm sure that I will have a quite a bit in no time with as fast as they reproduce.
sweetviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #14 
eMel

Well, I finally have my setup going. I went with the 12-gallon Eclipse and, after letting the biowheel run for 24-hours, I added my little lovely betta. He (I assume it is a male given the long fins) seems rather shy right now, hiding in the upper back corner above the heater for the most part right now, though I would assume that is normal for a new environment.

The guide that came with my tank suggests adding new fish over 4-6 weeks. Since I would like to add a few cory cats and a few ghost shrimp, what might the suggested intervals be?

Update: The little sweetie is now hiding behind a little stone arch and peeking out to see what is going on.
eMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 PM   #15 
Shawtee

I have a 6 gallon, it was a present, great at the time but you do have to plan Reallly really carefully cuz im stuffed as an olive my love! x
Shawtee is offline   Reply With Quote