Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-05-2013, 02:02 PM   #1 
MichelleA

Purple Mystery Snails have arrived!

Ok I bought four Purple Mystery snails from a member on here, Peachii. Ive put them in a tank and they are just so amazing. I watched them for a good half an hour at first. They were bagged with some Java Moss I believe and some Hortwort. How cool is that. I needed a little more moss to complete my moss wall. Then I go to throw the box away and I realize There is another bag of clippings and on it says "Pay it forward". How nice is that!? A slew of little clippings were in there. Heres some pictures. Its like Christmas!

Name:  Snail.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  52.4 KB

Name:  Snail 1.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  40.9 KB

Name:  Snail 3.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  67.1 KB

Name:  Pay it forward.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  35.5 KB

Name:  Clippings.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  53.6 KB
MichelleA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:24 PM   #2 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Awesome! Glad they arrived and you had a good experience. It really is awesome that she threw in some extras.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:38 PM   #3 
peachii

Glad they are arrived safe and sound. :) They will continue to color up as they get settled.

They really are fun to watch! They zoom around the tank and come hightailing out when you feed them, they crack me up.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #4 
ashleylyn

How nice of peachii! And adorable snails! I have a black mystery snail and s/he's so much fun to watch. They can really cruise when they're determined to go somewhere. :)
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #5 
Quinn

I got a snail from Peachii too, and I LOVE it! So speedy for a snail, and so much "snail-ier" than my Nerites! I've decided even if my fish end up passing now (I'm paranoid after a sudden death of one that I've doomed them all... I'm sort of ridiculous...) I'll still just keep the tanks with snails. I'd have to get more!
Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #6 
MichelleA

haha I said the same thing. I wouldnt mind having a snail tank!
Old 09-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #7 
peachii

Oh and from left to right on the plants. I meant to do this earlier and forgot

1- frogbit
2- rotala
3- bacopa carolinia
4- green hygro with a little baby antler fern in the middle
5 - scarlet temple or althernia rennikii? (spelled wrong)
6- baby antler fern with some giant duckweed

Just clip or pull off the bottom leaves and they should all grow in low/med light. When they get tall just clip the tops, pull the bottom leaves off and replant.

The antler fern will grow tall, I have seen it may be broad leaf water sprite but it grows only well at the top of the water so I think it's a fern not a water sprite. It will produce babies when the leaves start to brown and die so don't immediately clip them off, let the sit for a few weeks and you'll have plenty to share or spread around. If the leaves get to big and block to much light from your tank, you can clip the ends off to make it the size you want - or just replace it with a new baby and throw the big one away. I've had to clip all mine and throw a couple away when they got to big and interfered with my lights but the bettas absolutely love the roots and the way the middle of the leaves hang down into the water. I'll see all my girls in the middle of it together.

I always try to do the "Pay it forward" clippings when I have enough extras to share as so many people have sent me extras with orders and just plants for shipping price. Everyone should love plants as much as I do... I'll force you to if i can :P I don't always have them to send but this is maybe my 8th pay it forward package, if I can't do everyone in an order day, I give them numbers and them random pull a number to see who gets it. :)

Here is Lucy peaking out from her Antler fern in Stone's tank. Don't mind the floating plants - the cories and lace catfish in there like to troll me everyday.
Attached Images

Last edited by peachii; 09-05-2013 at 09:22 PM.
peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #8 
MichelleA

Oh thank you for the identification. I hope they all grow. Ive spent soooooo much money on plants and still want more lol this definitely helps me out