Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #11 
Briz

I've used 3 of the Hydor Theo heaters and they kept the water temperature in the range they were set. I'm sure some can be hit or miss.
Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #12 
finnfinnfriend

I'm sure they are hit or miss, but after reading online reviews for both, the Eheim seems to be much more reliable and accurate. There is also a calibration knob on the Eheim so you can manually calibrate it if it is a little off out-of-the-box.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #13 
hopeful fish

I have 2 heaters. If I set one at 75, the temp is at 79. With my other one, if I set it at 76, the temp is at 79. As long as you pay attention the first few days, the hydor will hold it steady once you set the temp.
hopeful fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #14 
finnfinnfriend

So you guys think the Hydor is as good as the Eheim?
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #15 
Briz

No, Eheim should be better quality. But Eheim heaters are not small like Hydor Theo. Hydors are best suited for nano tanks or bowls where a regular sized heater would be too long or take up too much space.
Briz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:12 PM   #16 
finnfinnfriend

An Ehiem would fit in my 2.5 gallon....Probably not in a 1 gallon bowl though.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:14 PM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I'm also looking at price tags lol I'm a college kid addicted to Betta's sooooo....yeah Hydor's for me ^_^ It does come down to personal preference though when you can afford any which heater's or just really want one over the other. They both do the same thing and both require a thermometer with way so for me, it's just a personal choice. I like Hydor's mostly because of the size and the price tag is all.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
I'm also looking at price tags lol I'm a college kid addicted to Betta's sooooo....yeah Hydor's for me ^_^ It does come down to personal preference though when you can afford any which heater's or just really want one over the other. They both do the same thing and both require a thermometer with way so for me, it's just a personal choice. I like Hydor's mostly because of the size and the price tag is all.
Yeah I really wish that the 25w Eheims were the same size as the Hydors of the same wattage....But the Eheims are only $5 more lol....And I am so poor I am a starving COMMUNITY college student and I don't care lol
Old 09-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #19 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

5 dollars goes for my gas for my truck though haha. But yeah, I understand, I go to a university but it's in state and only 20 minutes from my house so it was the cheapest option.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #20 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post
5 dollars goes for my gas for my truck though haha. But yeah, I understand, I go to a university but it's in state and only 20 minutes from my house so it was the cheapest option.
I am really stupid with money too so....yeah....lol XP