Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-22-2009, 01:31 PM   #1 
ElmoFish

New Betta trouble

Last night I brought home a new Betta from my LFS, he seemed to be in great health at the store, and still seems to be doing quite well, the only problem is that he seems to have a bit of fin rot, just some brown spots at the very edges of his fins. Could this have been caused by handling when I bought him? Will it go away on it's own, as long as the water is clean/treated? I tested the water for ammonia/nitrite, etc, all are 0 at this point, and the water has been dechlorinated. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I want to see my new friend healthy.

ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #2 
Vikki81207

I would just keep up with water changes and give him salt baths. If things get worse then use meds, but salt baths should clear it up if it's only a little bit of fin rot.
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:12 PM   #3 
ElmoFish

Thank you. I gave him a salt bath today, although I don't want to do it too often, as I'm sure he's stressed enough from being in a new tank, I don't know if taking him in and out will be good for him.
ElmoFish is offline   Reply With Quote