Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #1 
senorwu

Question Betta Afraid of Camera Lens?

Hi All,

We recently discovered that our betta has a strong aversion to camera lenses. When I hold up my point and shoot camera with the lens out, he starts swimming around rapidly and tries to jump out of the bowl. He also loses his color from being so stressed out and turns grayish. We can only take photos without disturbing him with camera phones.

Has anyone ever encountered this?

This is the same betta who happens to have a lump near his elephant ear fin :( We just want to keep him happy and stress free.

Any input would be appreciated.

Senorwu
Attached Images

senorwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:45 AM   #2 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yeah one of my boy's; Ditto is also afraid of the camera but will happily flare at my finger if I put it up to the tank and I can generally get a shot of that. But otherwise if I just try to point and shoot, he freaks out and hides behind his driftwood. It's just a quirk they have. You can try to train him to like it so during feeding time take out the camera and each day you feed him, inch the camera closer and closer until eventually he associates it with food which mean's that it must be a good thing lol.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #3 
senorwu

Oh, ok haha. Glad to know Humphrey wasn't tortured or something with a camera :) Thanks for the reassurance!
senorwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #4 
WhitneyLin

my Ty is the same way. He hates the cameras, and tolerates me taking pics on my iphone. He swims away as soon as I bring out my other camera though. I just move his tank, as he's in a smaller one at the moment, under a better lamp and quick snap pics with my iPhone if I need any.
WhitneyLin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afraid, camera, color loss, stressed