Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #1 
Jdillio1988

Smile Recovering Fin Rot

Hattori Hanzo is recovering from fin rot. He is now growing new fins back.
I was wondering how long it normally takes for fins to grow back completely and get their color back.
Jdillio1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #2 
TakingthePlunge

it depends n a lot of factors. Fin type/length, amount of damage, reason for fin loss, water conditions, etc. If it is minimal loss, then it could just be a week or two. If it was a lot of loss, then it will take longer.
TakingthePlunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #3 
ANHEL123

Keep his water super clean and you can also add stress coat for the healing.
Do you need any hints on the water changes?
How big is your tank ?
How much and how often you do water changes>
Do you have filter?
What food you feeding him. Food is also important to stay healthy .
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #4 
Jdillio1988

I have a 5 gallon tank, and I havent done a water change in about a week because i was trying to get my bacteria up because i just added a new sponge filter. Before i would do 50% changes weekly.
Jdillio1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #5 
ANHEL123

50% is good with a gravel vacuum but since he is having issues you can do extra water changes a week. Don't forget to clean the filter though. Sorry you didn't ask for the advice and you probobly know that better than me...but still want to give a few tips:)
So don't forget to clean the filter media WEEKLY when you do water changes, to do that a few tips
To do this, first you want to get a container and put some tank water in it. This is usually best done during water changes. (NEVER use tap or new water as this will kill your marvelous bacteria colony you have waited so patiently to grow.) Remove the air line and tubing from the sponge. Place the sponge in the container of tank water and gently squeeze a few times. Replace the tube and air line and reset into tank. (Yes it’s that easy)
Q; How long will it last?
A; Depending on the material it should last for several years
Q; How often should I replace the sponge?
A; Not until the sponge starts falling apart when you squeeze it out! If you replace the sponge you will have to wait for a whole new bacteria colony to grow in the new one.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote