Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #1 
bettababe321

New Tank!!!!!

I was digging through my dads attic today and guess what I found??? a brand new in the box never been opened five gallon tank kit!!!!! apparently he found it at a garage sale awhile ago and kinnda forgot about it. It has a whisper filter, hood and lights. I think it may be time to do some fish shopping. I now have two 5 gallons and a 1.5 gallon to fill! I wont be housing anyone in the 1.5 gallon, it'l juts be used as a sick tank.

Has anyone ever used those chemicals that put extra bacteria in the tank to help it cycle faster?
Cosmos old tank has been cleaned and has been up and running since Saturday but I'm kinda impatient. I am planning to put Captain in there as soon as it cycles.
bettababe321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

I use Stress Zyme to help cycle the tank and it works great :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #3 
rb500

I was so happy to find a 5 gal in our guest room (the guest room is more of a crowed-keep the door closed when company's over- storage room at the moment lol) and realized that my old gerbil cage was a 10 gal. I forget ehere I got the second, but I had to put my gerbils in there because they kept eating the plastic ones.
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #4 
neenjar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettababe321 View Post

Has anyone ever used those chemicals that put extra bacteria in the tank to help it cycle faster?

yes, Biospira, but it is only good if kept refrigerated, if it is on a room temp shelf it is trash and a waste of cash. I had a 75 gallon cycled within a week and never had new tank syndrome with the use of properly stored and transported biospira. it is expensive though at $20 a package.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote