Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #1 
Blue Eternity

First time betta owner :] Name ideas?

Hello everyone! Today I got my first betta and I'm very excited! ive never had any type of fish before, but I am an all over animal lover (I have a rat named Luna and a Chinchilla named Noelle, as well as a Chihuahua/terrier mix named Caddy and a calico cat named Cassie). My sister introduced them to me, she spoils her betta and I plan to do the same.

Heres my new little boy! He'll be going away to college with me to keep my company. I think he is so so beautiful and he caught my eye right away. It was love at first sight! Sorry about the low-quality picture, but I had to take it with my cell phone. His face also looks stretched out for some reason lol. The water also looks dirty because I took this when he was still in the container he came in from the store. But anyways, here he is!

I have no idea about colors or pattern names, but hes cute. And I need help thinking of a name! Please help me out guys, I want to give him an awesome name!

Right now he is in a 3 gallon tank. I'm monitering the temp in the tank and hes got plants to hide in. I plan on adding some more to the tank... maybe some bamboo or something.

I'm here on this forum to learn more about how to take good care of my boy and keep him happy and healthy. I'm happy to be here!
Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to FishForum. Your betta is beautiful! He looks like a marble with a butterfly pattern. Since you mentioned chinchilas, is it true that they can't get wet or is that just a myth?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #3 
Blue Eternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Hello and welcome to FishForum. Your betta is beautiful! He looks like a marble with a butterfly pattern. Since you mentioned chinchilas, is it true that they can't get wet or is that just a myth?
Thank you! :] He was actually a sort of ''rescue'' from Walmart. Thank you for telling me what color/pattern he is!

And Chinchillas should not get wet. Their fur is very dense and thick (thats why its so soft!) and getting it wet is not ideal. If they do somehow get wet they should be thoroughly dried. Staying wet can allow mold to grow in the fur. Chinchillas actually bathe in special dust, which keeps their coat clean and soft. They're awesome little pets :]
Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:21 PM   #4 
dr2b

Ohh I would love to have a Chinchilla! They are adorable! But back to the topic :)

Your betta is very pretty. And I'm sure he is very happy that you "rescued" him from Walmart and gave him a nice home.
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:28 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Blue Eternity, thanks for the info on chinchillas. A friend of mine is petsitting for one right now and she was the one who told me that they couldn't get wet.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #6 
rb500

Welcome to the forum! and congratulation on your betta!
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #7 
neenjar

Brown marble butterfly patterned veil tail... beautiful!
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 02:50 PM   #8 
Kziggy

Wow, what a beautiful betta. I too ''rescue'' all my betta's from Walmart... ever since I saw a couple kids laughing as they shook each betta's little plastic cup one day. :( It's hard to pass them by without taking one home! Have you named him yet? He has so many colors you could call him kaleidoscope (clyde for short) lol
Kziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #9 
sharon

he is lovely,seeing your going to a place of learning(!) how about Sensi (means teacher)or for a life in the fast lane try Fin Diesel,
sharon is offline   Reply With Quote