Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #1 
leejohn02

betta help

Went to my lfs today and guess what they have, these tiny bowls no bigger than 1/2 a gallon if not less, but there was a deal on 20 inch setup and bowl, now I have really come to like these fish, I asked the guy if they had anymore bowls he said no, I said great I will take all 5, he gave me a discount on them, so I went to another store I know who were doing deals on 10 litre tanks, and bought 3, I have added the first two to my community tanks, and setup the other one's for each Betta, now here's my issue the tanks didn't have any filters, lights or heaters, i managed to make lighting for them easily using several strips of led's, i had a few spare old heaters s there all heated, now my question is since i have an air pump, can i get the sponge filters, since i can run all 3 off the pump i have at the moment, or can they go without filters completely, or at least for a week, since I'm a bit strapped for cash after paying out for all these tanks, they each have a live plant and 1 decoration since it was 3 for 2 in the other store, but i need to know about filters, if i wait a week will i have to do more frequent water changes, or can they go without long term??
leejohn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #2 
fawx

If you aren't using a filter you need to keep up with those water changes or else you're risking fin rot.
fawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 01:35 AM   #3 
leejohn02

I added 3 small sponge filters to the tanks, got them cheap, just hard the air line and t connections arrive yesterday, connected them all to the 1 pump I currently have, there all low flow but still flowing, may look at getting a more powerful pump soon, any suggestions on a cheapest quiet one
leejohn02 is offline   Reply With Quote