Originally Posted by Hallyx
If you were doing fishless, your readings would be way higher, like >2.0ppm or so. How long have you been cycling this tank? Using Prime to keep your ammonia converted (ionized) is never bad.
If this is a 2.5g you should be extra careful. When you're showing nitrite, you should be seeing a reduction in ammonia. When you get that, a few weeks for the nitrite-eating bacteria to convert everything to nitrate.
Just out of curiosity, why be extra
careful with a 2.5g?
It's a 10g. The nitrites have caused a decrease in ammonia. There have been nitrite for about a week now I think, and I have been cycling the tank for over 2 weeks. I am just so anxious for the cycle to be done so I can add my KING BETTA!