Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #21 
Blue Eternity

It was a starter tank, so I'm pretty sure it only comes in the 3 gallon. And the filter is actually too strong for bettas, its a Tetra Whisper (i think?) so it's pretty quiet, but you can still hear it. I could still easily sleep with it right next to my head though ahaha (my fishies are RIGHT next to my bed).

It was just around 25 dollars from walmart for the whole kit if I remember correctly. (tank w/ top and mini stand thing, fake plant, filter, light)

And there is no way for the fish to jump out of it unless you forget to put the lid on. :]
Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:27 PM   #22 
Elena

I have the same tank from Walmart- it was $21 in clearance. I keep it as a hospital tank (or so I tell myself until I find the perfect betta girl to go in there).
The filter is too strong for a male with long fins but a girl would be OK in there IMO. If you want to slow down the flow you could get some filter foam (it's like $2 at Petsmart) and add it inside the filter. That usually works and slows down the flow somewhat. Or you could try the method using a piece of plastic bottle in front of the filter- that diverts the flow to the back of the tank. I think Kim and Neenjar posted about that.
Elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:04 PM   #23 
ScentedLove

It looks like an okay tank o.O
ScentedLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 AM   #24 
Rain Drop

Wow, I really like your set-up!
I haven't had that tank before....but now I'm really interested in getting one!
Rain Drop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #25 
Jynx

But you don't HAVE to use the filter if it's too strong for the fish- you could just do regular water changes.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote