betta fish

Old 08-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #11 
misstephaniexxx

I'm getting another girl today :)
misstephaniexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #12 
Epickim227

Smile Betta Fish Compatabilities

My Crowntail Betta Lives in a 10 Gallon tank. He lives with a Black Tetra and a Diamond Tetra.. And they don't do anything.. They just hangout.. My betta sometimes flares at the Black but it's nothing!My Black tetra Moves around ALOT!! So I don't recommened a Black tetra because It scares The betta! Hope you enjoy!
Epickim227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not to be rude but they are schooling fish. For Bettas 5 pygmaies in a 10 gallon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #14 
Sena Hansler

Seeing the posts of bravery of putting cold water and tropical fish together... Don't do it. Especially if you are new to keeping fish in general!

Depending on the betta, you can have certain fish such as guppies, platys, some tetras, cory cats, etc. depending on the size of tank, and the temperament of your betta, the results will definitely vary. Certain fish (such as the cory cats) should have more "floor space" than say guppies. But some bettas get very offended at the sight of a guppy (it's like a small, colourful male betta to them) while others do not care. Some bettas will also get very stressed, may get sick, or may be bullied.

Avoid fish that are very nippy such as rasbora or barbs. Many people I know have African Dwarf Frogs (not to be confused with the African Clawed) with their betta fish without problems. Allow ample hiding spots, plants, etc, and they get along fine.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Depends pn the Guppies can not be too colorful. Another problem with goldfish is they need heavy duty filters that Bettas dont like and are big enough to eat them.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #16 
Sena Hansler

I have had Spartan in with colourful guppies... But he was also raised a wee bit more tolerant Again, it depends on the betta.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:58 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Guess that is the rare Betta many Bettas take guppies for Bettas.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 AM   #18 
OrangeAugust

Tetras have to be in a school of 5 or more of the same kind of tetra.
A lot of the fish that can go with a betta are schooling/shoaling fish, like the otos, cories, tetras, zebra danios, etc.
You should get some zebra danios! They're cute and docile. I've never heard of anyone having problems housing them with a betta. Although a group of six zebras does need at least 10 gallons. I don't know what your tank size is...
OrangeAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #19 
bettasareawesome

my little guy was fine with platy's neon tetras and a pleco (except plecos need big tanks)
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:17 PM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Zebra danios are twenty gallon fish. Plus because of how active they are they steal food and bother the Betta.