Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #1 
Weaver

A New Challenger has Appeared!

Hello-hello!

My name is Liz (call me Weaver please) and I have my very first Betta fish male sitting in his very-empty-unstimulating (I'll be getting him some plants and things to hide in next week) All Living Things Critter Tote. It's the small one so I'll be upgrading to the larger one too.

I've had fish in the past but, this is my first Betta. I am a college-student (working on my BFA with a minor in Biology) and well, I miss my cat. I do. So, since I cannot have my cat with me: I had to work around the rules to keep a lovely little Betta.

I'd love to post a picture of my handsome little Betta but alas, I lack adequate photography skills. So for now I shall have to do a written description.
-(Unnamed) is I think a Cellophane Half-Moon Betta splendens male. He has a few like... 'ink' splotches on him. They look iridescent green/blue. I still need to find him a name too. He's awfully frisky*, and seems to enjoy exploring his new home (he'll love it even more when he has better places to hide.

I'm excited to learn more about him and Betta fish here. :D

*I feel as if I should also add in that I am eternally thankful for the help from the girl who helped me at Petsmart. She was extremely knowledgeable and even helped me out with her Employee Discount. <3

Last edited by Weaver; 09-08-2013 at 06:52 PM. Reason: To give credit for the helpful employee of Petsmart I met today.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #2 
Weaver

So, this is the little guy. Terrible webcam picture, but yeah. Isn't he a cutie?
Old 09-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #3 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Hello Weaver and welcome to the forum a pleasure you have you join us. Your little guy is very cute !
Perseusmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #4 
Weaver

Thank you for the kind welcome Perseusmom! I'm terribly excited to learn more about my little guy. I've decided on a name too: Kasper (aka Inviso-Gill) and learnt that he is not a Half-Moon but a Double-Tail instead. He's eating and waiting for me to add plants and maybe return the small critter-keeper I have right now for a bigger one.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to the forum. Your betta is beautiful.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #6 
Weaver

Thank you Dramaqueen! The gal helping me get my basics was fantastic and we both agreed that he was the nicest of the bunch and that if I didn't get him... well, someone else would. Heck he's already settling in and I can see a little bit of his personality coming through too.

Tags
cellophane betta, half moon betta, new keeper, weaver