Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #1 
rb500

Talking Forum!! finally, meet Pheonix!!

Here he is! I got him I got him. Icouldn't wait to jump on the computer and tell you all about him! So I got to the store not knowing what i would come back with, just hoping to see someone I instantly liked. I looked a bit, looked for health, activity, color, and cuteness! lol. I saw all the ones in the cups, and suprise, all the healthy ones were in the back. I really liked this one red one who had really bad torn fins, they seemed shredded on top. :( Then I saw the one in the display case (They had a 1 gal up top with a tiny fake plant and gravel) He was swimming all over the place, and didn't stop looking at me. He was following my finger and such and just fell in love!

So i asked the lady if I could have him, because he was in the display. she said they really didn't want to move him because it would be hard. i smiled and acted all sweet and convinced her saying, 'but i really like him'and then i pointed out that he has a bubblenest. she said 'well that's probably because his tank is really dirty'. (wow, that's dumb of her) they didn't have a net small enough to get him outta there and then i wondered how they cleaned the tank till i noticed how cloudy the water was. it smelled really bad too by the way she was acting. she was being all uber drama about how bad it smelled and how horrible an experience it was for her to deal with this fish.

she poured him into a little container and got more water, then poured him into the baggy. i felt so bad for him as he was swimming against the current trying to stay put, but i knew he would be fine in a little bit. she was handling the bag horribly, and askedme if i had food to feed him, saying that they feed him the pellets so thats what i better do, lol. yea....

So enough talking, here's my baby boy, Pheonix!
http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/a...pofpheonix.jpg
and his tank,
http://s863.photobucket.com/albums/a...rrent=tank.jpg
sorry for the poor quality, my camera is broken and we haven't gotten a new one yet. I will try to get better ones up soon. in his tank picture you can see him floating in the bag, while he adjusts to the temp to be safe. i can take him out now, as it took me like 20min to type this! lol. i have 4 plants now, i bought a red and green accent to match his color, and i will add the accent rocks soon, after he gets settled. maybe they'll be there for him in the next water change. you can see the rocks im gonna add in front of the tank.

ok, ending my novel now, lol!
rb500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #2 
doggyhog

Oooh he is beautiful!! Congrats!!! He has such a niiiice tank. It's so exciting to get a new betta isn't it?!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:21 PM   #3 
rb500

and even better when its your first lol! i'm alrady planning what decor i want for my second!

uh oh, i already caught the bug!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:33 PM   #4 
llonka

lol!! congrats!! i hate that people who take care of the fish at the store don't even know what they are talking about but make it seem like they do. he sure is pretty! i thought about going to the pet store today, but i knew if i did i'd come home with a new baby. glad you finally got one :)
llonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #5 
rb500

thanks so much lol, i love him already. :)
Old 07-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #6 
rb500

i let him outta the bag and he sure is active. he's still getting used to things so he was going slow at first but now is zooming around. he goes to the top too, and really loves his plants. if i make a sudden movement that's where he hides lol. he'll get used to me, especially when he realizes i am the provider of the pellets!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #7 
doggyhog

All of mine have been shy for the first few days. But, My newest is already coming up to me for food! I'm happy for you. I remember when I got my first betta...
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #8 
rb500

yea and he follows his reflection but doesn't act agressive and hasn't flared, maybe he would do well with some tetras
Old 07-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #9 
neenjar

Very pretty! Congrats on finally bringing him home!
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM   #10 
rb500

Thanks neenjar!