Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #1 
ismintis

Talking Baby Betta & Update on Krew

Hello! This is the first thread I've started in a long time as I'm back from a couple months of unwanted hiatus due to school.

But enough of me, the betta bug has bitten me once again...I came home from PetCo with my first ever baby betta on the 23rd. The little baby was by far the most active and was speckled black. My mom was on her way to the check out with cat food when I texted her that I was back looking at the fish and really liked the baby I had shown her earlier. I had my convincing argument all planned out; but before I could say anything my mom came up with a smirk on her face. She took the fish to the counter saying "I hope you have enough supplies at home for this..." without a second thought.

This was the best picture I could get of her with her constant darting and bubbles in the way
I tried getting a picture of her egg spot but it was a waste of 25 minutes...so you guys just have to take my word for it! I thought it was a tiny piece of poop for the first day or two until I realized that her fins looked a lot like Krusa's (adult female) and her beard was very small. So I am 95% sure that my baby is a VT female.

I never uploaded a recent picture of Krusa and how much she has changed since June! I love her so much, her personality has only grown since then as well. She continues to jump up to hit the lid of her tank to tell me she's hungry, and gets very grumpy when I take her out to change her water...she literally sinks to the bottom of her bowl and flares until I put her back in.

I apologize for the glare, she is the hardest fish to take a decent picture of. But if you look at my avatar or the pictures in my album you can see the major color changes. She's growing up so fast...

EDIT~ Totally forgot to mention the babies new name...Nerimtas Arashi, which translates to Light Storm in Lithuanian and Japanese. It was lightly snowing the night I got her so I thought it was a good fit. (For those of you who don't know I am fluent in both languages and am half Lithuanian...incase the name seemed really weird ;))

Last edited by ismintis; 12-31-2013 at 12:36 AM.
ismintis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:18 AM   #2 
panthers24

I would love to find a betta like that especially one so small so you can see how its color changes and watch it grow. I was finally able to convince my parents to let me get a fish tank and a betta fish. My mom is going in town today and I have found the tank I want now all is left is to convince her to go to petsmart and let me get the tank today.

Wish me good luck
panthers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #3 
ismintis

Yay that's so exciting! If you get a baby though you need to change the water at least every other day so they can grow without being stunted. So I have Nerim in a half gallon hospital tank that I change everyday. You also need to feed them more everyday, I feed mine three times a day with different foods (brine shrimp, pellets and then blood worms). All in all it's very time consuming so an adult fish is a lot easier to care for IMHO. But good luck! Your new fishy will have an amazing home :)

I've been trying to see if Nerim has any ovaries, but the black coloring is starting to cover 'her' whole body so it's getting harder to tell just what gender 'she' really is.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:28 PM   #4 
BlueLacee

Location: Colorado Rockies, the Land of Skiing, Festivals, and Incredibly Rich
Beautiful, I wish it was that easy to convince the wild donkey, fish holder captives in my life.
BlueLacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #5 
ismintis

Thanks! My mother is an animal person just like me so I've really lucked out with her generosity. She says that after I get my current two tanks fully cycled with no worries I can get another Aquabid betta...preferably an EE female apparently. xD