Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #1 
Wed

just got two bettas!

just rescued these 2! they were in very very poor conditions and im no expert in keeping bettas but i figured i'd be able to give them a home thats 1000% than the dump they were in. when i told the lady i wanted them she literally looked at me like i was crazy since u could barely see them because of how dirty their water was! this was my first post about them--->http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=26120

i already gave them a salt bath and put them in 2 vases so i could treat them better for fin rot since they both have a case of it. one of them is blue and looks kind of like a mermaid's fin would..very pretty colors..but it looks like one of its fin needs to regrow :( and the other one is red but a little darker than the red one i already have.

right now they seem to be exploring their vases and pebbles and swimming up and down since they have very little movement before. by the end of this week im hoping i can put them into a 10g divided home!
Wed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:47 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Congrats! They'll be fine with some clean water and tlc. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #3 
Vikki81207

Congrats! I'm so glad you rescued them. I can't believe the conditions they were in. Can we get some pics? lol. I would love to see them. If not, what color are they? Tail type?
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #4 
Wed

i'll try to get some pics! but i dont kno if they are male or female and on the lid it says they are crowntail but i dont know...maybe once i put pics you guys could let me know because i dont know how to tell them apart like that yet! :)

one of them is blue but it has a dark blueish body then on his fins it has a blending of red then it fades to blue. it looks like he needs to heal one of his fins tho. its cut short..idk how that happened.

the other is a deep red color. its fins are long but the ends are a little split.

does anyone happen to know how to tell from a male/female? lol
Old 07-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #5 
dr2b

Congrats and good luck!! They are two lucky bettas :)

I can't wait to see pics of them!

Males have long flowy fins. Here ya go: http://www.healthybetta.com/male-vs-female-bettas
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #6 
Vikki81207

Yeah males have long fins and females have short, unless they're plakats. But if they're crowntails and they are long fins, they're both males.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:21 PM   #7 
Wed

thank u!

well i was kinda able to get a pic of the blueish one. the lighting is bad in my room. i will post it in a bit. the quality is bad since its from my cell phone!

the red one comes out too dark. basically it looks like my first one..the one on the left by my name lol but darker and it does have long fins.

does size matter? the blue one looks smaller overall than my 2 red ones, which one forsure i kno is a male.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

My Rusty is very tiny compared to my other males.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #9 
Vikki81207

Yeah, my males from walmart are smaller than my other two males. So sometimes others are just bigger.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:32 PM   #10 
Wed

eh...after looking at the website i think this blue one might be a boy since his fins look like they could be long after some regrowth takes place especially to the middle one (sorry dont kno the proper names) what do u guys think?
hes actually a little lighter...my cellphone is making him a tad darker