Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #11 
Lucillia

I don't have a very good camera, I've been using my phone. Its hard to tell against the black in the tank as well. I'm going to try putting the light right on him and seeing his rays. Even with my eyes its hard to tell exactly they split. He's also darkening in certain places and marbling in others. He's still relatively young so we have a bit before we really know what he will look like. XD
Lucillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #12 
Lucillia

I also think the drive from Canada really stressed everyone out. He didn't end up sick but he was very very light colored when we got home. I thought he was the wrong fish at first until he started to darken up.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #13 
bambijarvis

I think the black copper boy is lovely.
If he's an import, they rarely do as well over here in our water compaired to that of thailand.

If you're doing a 'just for fun' show, where you don't need to follow the IBC rules and standard, I would go with the black copper boy.
He'd also be my first pick breeding wise(given you could find another copper CT female)
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #14 
Lucillia

We actually do have another copper female. My friend lilnaugrim has her. :) She's absolutely adorable! I think their babies are going to be beautiful ^^

He is an import though.. :/ Hopefully my water won't effect him too much. Is there anything I can do to make it any better?
Old 09-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #15 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

We just have to breed them as fast as we can lol.

Nah, they'll last just not to the 3-4 years that home bred betta's here can last and sometimes even more. But they should just be fine!

Here's his soon to be mate!

And her auction picture. The only thing that concerns me is that she's a little spoonheaded but I don't think it's terrible. Mostly I think we're breeding more for color, Black Copper Butterflies, I would definitely like to continue that line at least!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:40 AM   #16 
bambijarvis

Pretty girl. :)

Lucillia, things like IAL and such can help, but it's not an overly drastic thing.
bambijarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #17 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Or Oak Leaves, I've got a poop-ton in my yard never had pesticides or insecticides as well ^_^

However, since her water is already soft, would IAL or oak really help? On the contrary, my water is hard however my sorority water is soft because of the 5 pieces of driftwood I have in there, so Oak and IAL would benefit my other tanks, correct? I know they are good in breeding as well, but we can use just oak in place of IAL as well? Pretty much does the same thing I believe.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #18 
Lucillia

Hmm... I'll have to do tests on my water with the leaves and such to see if it makes any difference. Along with my sculpey tests.
I love that girl so much!!! She's so cute!!!! I can't wait for beautiful babies!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #19 
ashleylyn

Beautiful fish! Crowntails are my favorite. :)

And I have to say I'm jealous you two are friends that love bettas. Everyone thinks I'm crazy, lol. Want to extend your friendship to NJ? :p
ashleylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #20 
Lucillia

Ashleylyn I spread the bug to Lil, and then she spread it back to me tenfold! XD
I'm sure we could spread the friendship! Visits won't be easy though XD