Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Show Bettas
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 PM   #31 
Lucillia

Lucillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #32 
Lucillia

The turquoise crown tail and the white grizzle were being such hams for the camera last night. But the copper was like, NOPE!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #33 
Lucillia

Old 09-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #34 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Ugg he's so beautiful! I can't wait to have his babies! lol
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #35 
Lucillia

He's definitely starting to marble though. Just on his fins. But its starting. I'm hoping it won't be too much by the time he's done. :< I love him with his solids.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #36 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucillia View Post
He's definitely starting to marble though. Just on his fins. But its starting. I'm hoping it won't be too much by the time he's done. :< I love him with his solids.
Actually I'm not sure if he's really marbling or just filling out into his true colors, like blooming so to say. Rembrandt didn't finish growing until he was well over 6-7 months old if I estimated his age correctly and he's still changing a little bit here and there, mostly size for now. But the CT could just be growing out more is all and I hope that's all since the girl already is carrying the marble gene.

Yeah that's something for everyone else here, here was one of the sisters of my black copper CT girl:

So I expect some marbling since it's already shown up in her generation, it will mostly likely continue from there. Although I hope my girl doesn't marble, as much as her sister is interesting, I do also like her solid black and copper ^_^
Old 09-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #37 
Catw0man

I don't know what it is, but the rays of crowntails do seem to change as they mature. A few months ago I won a black and white butterfly ct with white on the outer half of all his rays. He was gorgeous! Then, just before the ship date, the seller sent me an updated picture of him and asked if I still wanted him....he had turned completely black! No white on his rays at all. I wish all sellers would do that....especially with the marbles! Some I've bought have been totally unrecognizable by the time I received them....I had to identify them by the process of elimination, matching up any other fish with their pictures until I knew who the "mystery" fish was.
Catw0man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #38 
Lucillia

Ahh! Yes her sister!! She's so cute too!

I think honestly everything and everyone keeps changing even if they're 'done' growing. I can tell you I've changed quite a bit myself and I'm still growing. XD I know Ragnarok is almost a year at least and he's changed quite a lot the past few months. But no Lil the copper is getting some blueishgray spots along his rays. They're mainly iridescent.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #39 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh the blue-ish grey is part of is iridescence which also grows out as they grow up. I have proof of that with Ditto and his pictures, he started with very little irid on his fin membrane and now it stretches from peduncle to tail tip! Quite interesting indeed.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #40 
Lucillia

Hopefully that's it. I like marbling but I really want him to stay how he is.