Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #1 
fishyinpa

Couple sick fishies, ich and i dunno what

Well I *think* Randy has ich. Last week I saw salt like spots on him,so I treated him with Aquarisol. But,I realized after the fact,my water conditioner takes out copper. DOH. So it did no good lol. Now I treated his tank with aquarium salt. I think i read that helps,right? From what i read about it,it could explain lethargy,cloudy eyes (he has trouble seeing his dinner) and some other things. Anything else I can do?

Dazzle,is just laying around. I think its mostly my fault cause I waited a lil too long to change his water. I did a partial last night,dont see him today. He is hiding inside his decoration. I hope he is gonna be okay. Should I do more partials this week on him?

Smurfy seems okay,she still has some swimming issues. I think she just has chronic sbd for some reason.

I think thats it lol. Reba,Roja and Fishy are fine. Pandas are fine.
fishyinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #2 
fishyinpa

hmm no replies,how sad lol.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

How is Randy today? I hope he's doing better. I guess more partial changes couldn't hurt. Clean water is always good. lol Maybe use a different conditioner when you use Aquarisol.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 PM   #4 
fishyinpa

Well I just got home from work,and Randy looks horrible. I am thinking he didnt like the salt at all. So now I am doing a full change. I am using Tetra Aquasafe this time. His scales look very pale. His gills look pale too. Also,he has popeye. I read they can get that because of Ich. So I guess just treat for ich?? I have no idea. I have JFE,should I get JPE as well? Can i even use both. I dont want to over do it.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Awww, poor Randy! What is JPE? Have you thought about using ampicillin or tetracycline?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #6 
fishyinpa

Oh jungle parasite eliminator?? or is it called something else. I dunno. So I did a full change and he seems 100% happier now. He had really bad reaction to the salt. So I hope Aquarisol is gonna kick that ick out. I read to treat the ick then treat the popeye if it doesnt go away on its own.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:29 PM   #7 
dr2b

I hope Randy is feeling better soon!!
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:46 PM   #8 
fishyinpa

me too. I dunno,he seemed much happier when I first put him back in. Now he doing the same thing,hanging at the top. i know fish seem to go in multiples,but i hope not.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:47 AM   #9 
neenjar

For Ich is it best to use something with malachite green in it, along with salt baths. I have used Rid Ich in the past with good result. Ick clear by Jungle labs is great too, it uses acriflavine to treat it.

You will want to treat for about 2 weeks as well. Just because Ich is not visabale does not mean it is not there. Tank temp of 81-82 degrees will help as well.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #10 
fishyinpa

okay thanks. is it normal for a fish to act lethargic when you add medicine in?