Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #11 
rickey
Banned

I spent somewhere north of 100,000 in the past 30 years

rick
rickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #12 
Larthan

Okay. I now have bought an air pump, 25 feet of tubing (in case I screw up somewhere), a check valve, an air stone, and some T bar things.

And I have no idea how to set it up now. I can't have sound on, and I don't currently have any working headphones. Does anyone have any picture diagrams I can use?
Larthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:43 PM   #13 
Tikibirds

Setting it up is the easiest part.

Lets see if I can find a diagram someplace

OK this is the only one I can find online.

The tube goes from the airpump into the center of the sponge filter. You should see a "nipple" in the middle of it and that is where tube goes as you can see in the pic. The plastic tube that came with the sponge, that goes on the outside - like in the pic.

I have a device that allows me to use one pump for multiple sponges and to control the airflow so for mine - one peice of tubing goes from the airpump into a "nipple" on the splicer thing. Then I have 2 other nipples at the top end. Each one of those also gets a peice of tubing. This tubing goes from the top of the splicer (think its actually called a check valve?) directly into the sponge filter. I also do not need an airstone for my sponges but I have heard that one can use them for the hydor sponges.

Here is the splicer valve thing I was talking about.

The tube from the airpump goes into the bottom nipple and two other tubes come off the black valves and go directly into the sponge filters.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 09-10-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote