Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2009, 12:20 AM   #11 
Blue Eternity

Mr. Big is living in a 3 gallon tank (it was a kit from walmart) and he seems to enjoy it. :] I also have 3 plants in there for him, and he loves swimming around/through them and they also give him a place to sleep. And a heater so he will not get cold. Although soon I'm switiching to a split 10 gallon because I've recently also rescued Osiris :]

My sister has her single betta in a 5 gallon tank with a few fake plants, a hiding place, and a heater. He is very happy and healthy. I would highly suggest this set up as its easy to maintain, and relatively cheap :].

and ps, is that Blu in your avatar? Hes gorgeous!
Blue Eternity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:46 PM   #12 
ChrissyCav916

Blue Eternity, yes that's Blu. & Thank you!!
Who has any ideas or info on these BiOrbs???

I was in the dreaded PetSmart today, & they look cool - but I'm trying to figure if: Yes while having 4 gallons of water to swim in, it's a complete circle like the fish bowl he's currently in. But, would the 5 gal square tank, be better like Blue Eternity suggested, I checked those out too today & the $ difference to be honest is a good $20-40. As previously mentioned, I do have the 30 gal community tank so I don't want to look a full out fish store, but I did think the BiOrbs are pretty cool looking. Just trying to figure if while being costly, they are worth the cost??
ChrissyCav916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #13 
dr2b

This was discussed recently on another thread. From what I've heard - it's not the best tank to use. Very costly, very stylish...but not a good tank.
This is a review someone on the forum gave it: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=24348
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #14 
Jynx

I have a 3 gallon Eclipse for my Lulu- there's pics in the other section- and it's a lovely betta tank. My ex husband had one of these for years and never had any probs with the filter or anything- and it's a great secondary tank when you already have a big one. I used one as my backup when I had my 50 gallon turtle setup.
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote