Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM   #1 
beckydelanee

rip mikoto :(

my blue/red veiltail died between july 28@11pm and july 29@1am EST.
i originally thought it was just his food, then i concluded that it was swim bladder disorder, then he had another case of fin rot...
after i came upstairs to check up how he was doing, he was laying on his side so i thought i would tap the side of his hospital tank because he was laying on his side a few times during the week, but no response.
i picked up the mini tank and had a closer look and his gills weren't moving. i told my mom, dad and my brother that he died. they felt sorry for me because they know that i'll never get another VT for a year again.
i woke up this morning hoping that he was playing a joke or something but i looked at him and he wasn't playing. i took out a manifier glass to look at him even closer and noticed that he started to develop a case of dropsy. i never that noticed two days ago when i gave him is last salt bath but i had to unfortunately find out how he really died, the hard way.

so i've come to the conclusion that he died to a minor case of dropsy, fin rot, fin split due to flaring, and a failed swim bladder/swim bladder disorder. he fought for 15 days; the bravest little fish i know.

i've buried him in my garden in front of my house and it was the hardest thing to see it go that i cried. i had him just for a little over a year.

i miss him alot. he would used to always come greet me whenever i walked into the house or into the living room, whether he was sleeping or not. i just want my CT fierce to do that same now.

i've taken some pictures of him during his life living with me.

i'd like to thank neenjar and dramaqueen for their advices for pellets and salt baths.

- becky
beckydelanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:33 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry about Mikoto. Thats a nice tribute you made for him, with all the pics. RIP Mikoto.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #3 
dr2b

Sorry to hear about Mikoto. RIP :(
dr2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:42 PM   #4 
beckydelanee

thank you dramaqueen. i honestly can't thank you enough.
my CT loves the pellets now to the point he'll eat it as soon as it is placed in the water so i had a soak two pellets twice a day before he can eat it. he's only treated blood worms once every two weeks. he's also looking alot better
i'm glad i've found this website, i would have never known how mikoto died.

i'm just glad that he knew that looked after him day and night until his death and tried everything i can to help him live after i switched him into a pint of water in his hospital tank.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:43 PM   #5 
beckydelanee

thank you dr2b

it means alot that people over the internet and on this forum cares, unlike a few of my friends who think i should go out and get a new one already
Old 07-29-2009, 03:49 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

You can feed your betta bloodworms once a week, if you want. Mine get them once a week. I'm glad I could help. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

People will tell you to get over it, its just a fish but its not "just a fish" to us. Its a pet that we love and cared for and can't just be replaced. You'll get another one when you're ready, if you even want to get another one. But it wouldn't be to replace the one you lost.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 PM   #8 
neenjar

I'm very sorry about Mikoto. That is a very touching eulogy you made for him.
neenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #9 
Vikki81207

So sorry about Mikoto. That was a nice burial & memorial. He was very beautiful. RIP Mikoto
Vikki81207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:55 PM   #10 
AngelicScars

I'm sorry about Mikoto.
AngelicScars is offline   Reply With Quote