Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2013, 07:49 PM   #11 
AnimalLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrojanBetta View Post
My bottle says API Stress Coat +. I use this along with a Top Fin Water conditioner, though I think I have seen a lot of people saying they use Prime. On the back of the bottle it does say that the Stress Coat removes chlorine and chloramines so I think it does work as a conditioner too, but I have never used it by itself. I did get it from Petsmart, it could be labeled differently I suppose.
Good on you for doing your research! I get the same way, whenever I get a new pet or consider getting one I go into crazy obsessive research mode. Not just for pets I suppose, but that's neither here nor there...
I thought he might be a crowntail! Odysseus is one and he has curled rays too. His color is so pretty and his face is so cute!
I can also sympathize about the pictures, Penelope never sits still long enough for me to get a good one and Odysseus only likes me to get shots of his head or butt. >:(
I really like the rocks at the bottom of his tank, they contrast with his colors really well. As far as I can tell he looks pretty healthy!
I was really scared at first too (and still am sometimes), but if you've done your research on something I say go for it! That's the only way we ever learn. They're tough little fish and you'll learn together and before long you'll be the one helping people out! You seem very conscious of what you're doing and I'm not worried for Earl at all. :)
Does it look like this?
Attached Images

AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #12 
AnimalLov3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrojanBetta View Post
My bottle says API Stress Coat +. I use this along with a Top Fin Water conditioner, though I think I have seen a lot of people saying they use Prime. On the back of the bottle it does say that the Stress Coat removes chlorine and chloramines so I think it does work as a conditioner too, but I have never used it by itself. I did get it from Petsmart, it could be labeled differently I suppose.
Good on you for doing your research! I get the same way, whenever I get a new pet or consider getting one I go into crazy obsessive research mode. Not just for pets I suppose, but that's neither here nor there...
I thought he might be a crowntail! Odysseus is one and he has curled rays too. His color is so pretty and his face is so cute!
I can also sympathize about the pictures, Penelope never sits still long enough for me to get a good one and Odysseus only likes me to get shots of his head or butt. >:(
I really like the rocks at the bottom of his tank, they contrast with his colors really well. As far as I can tell he looks pretty healthy!
I was really scared at first too (and still am sometimes), but if you've done your research on something I say go for it! That's the only way we ever learn. They're tough little fish and you'll learn together and before long you'll be the one helping people out! You seem very conscious of what you're doing and I'm not worried for Earl at all. :)
My friend laughs at me because I go on the Betta page on petsmart or petco or the Cory catfish page and I'm just like I WANT THEM ALL ;3;' I have a feeling fish will always be in my life..

I'm glad Earl isn't the only one with the curling! Was Odysseus a pet store Betta? Earl is like a mix of those two! He either won't sit still, or shows his butt!

Thanks! That's actually really good to hear haha.
AnimalLov3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:02 PM   #13 
TheTrojanBetta

It looks exactly like that!
My room mate also laughs at me, and is always asking me if I'm getting another fish yet. I know what you mean about the cories; I went to Petco earlier and they're just all so cute! This one little molly kept following my finger, too. :)
Odysseus came from Walmart; like most Walmarts that keep fish, the conditions of the ones there are pretty bad. Penelope was a pet store betta though! She came from Petsmart.
It really is true though; it's fantastic just that you care so much about Earl, that alone means a lot and will lead you to do a lot of things right. Things still happen, but caring enough to research and find out what's good and bad, and gaining the knowledge to develop your own opinions, really goes a long way in my opinion.
TheTrojanBetta is offline   Reply With Quote