Before I get into the details I will give you the necessary info:
1. Tank size is 3 gallons
2. Freshwater tank
3. Been set up for 3 and a half months
4. One Betta fish
5. Live plants
6. Tank temp is high-70s
7. Undergravel filter with the outlet pointed into a corner to minimize water flow
8. No CO2 unit
9. No natural light
10. 30% water change 2 days ago. Have been doing big changes because there is a lot of algae in the tank.
11. Change water once per week.
12. Feed 3 pellets 2 times per day
13. I use one compact fluorescent light for about 10 hours per day
14. I am here because my Betta seems to have fin rot.
15. pH is 8 (yikes, this could be the issue),ammonia, nitrite and nitrate it all 0.
16. Liquid nutrafin test kits
17. I bought Jovi from a local pet store, he was in a 500 mL jar and was pretty much doing nothing.
So there you go. I could go into a long description of his fins, but i think it would be best just to put up a picture.
Thanks in advance!