Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #1 
jadaBlu

Can a young veiltail get more finnage as he gets older?

I picked up a pretty purple boy at box store today but his fins are not very full. I would guess him to be 2-3 months old he is smaller. Are fins pretty much what you see is what you will get at that age? I was going to adopt him out but I am curious.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #2 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadaBlu View Post
I picked up a pretty purple boy at box store today but his fins are not very full. I would guess him to be 2-3 months old he is smaller. Are fins pretty much what you see is what you will get at that age? I was going to adopt him out but I am curious.
If he is only 2-3 months old, then his fins can definitely get fuller!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #3 
fawx

My crowntail got fuller than I thought he was! Great care and TLC will make him handsome :)
fawx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #4 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yes! My HM boy; Rembrandt, I bought him when he was roughly 4 months old and looking back he had very small fins, his fins grew right up until he was about 8-9 months old, he's now just about a year and his body has grown a little as well. Usually when they have good growth, they'll be "full grown" by 4 months of age but just like humans, you can be "full grown" around 16-18 but still change as you get older; same happens in Betta's.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:03 PM   #5 
jadaBlu

He is very pretty now which why I didn't leave him. I love purple/ lavender boys. He has red fins with purple on the on the interior and a really bright irridescent violet body. He's healthy he just came in yesterday. I don't need more which is why I will try to see if anyone wants to take him.
jadaBlu is offline   Reply With Quote