Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #1 
sassyfriend

9/11 sorrow and fear

Hi I am really having a hard time with sept. 11. Been feeling jumpy all day and very sad as well. Is anyone else going through this as well?
Old 09-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyfriend View Post
Hi I am really having a hard time with sept. 11. Been feeling jumpy all day and very sad as well. Is anyone else going through this as well?

I have been a little but not jumpy really just remembering all those lost that day and what helps me is trying to remember also all the good that we can do no matter how small it matters . It also helped when I watched this video of Michael Jacksons message to the world so many years ago which was Heal the World make it a better place for everyone so I am going to post it here for everyone who wants to watch it .

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idg8TNknvDU"]Michael Jackson - Super Bowl (Complete Version) (HQ) - YouTube[/ame]

Well heck the link doesn't work as well on the Bettafish.com site as it does our parent site tropicalfishkeeping.com sorry about that. Maybe someone can help me with that, even moderators need help sometimes...lol Anyway you can always google or go to you tube to watch it.

You can click on the title to watch it . Heal The World is at the end of the video I think its a message worth remembering today !

Last edited by Perseusmom; 09-11-2013 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #3 
thekinetic

No, I am how ever still angry. Angry at the ones who did it, angry at the countries that harbor them, and angry at the religion that spawned them. People can claim innocence all they want, claim they're peaceful all they want, but you know what god forgives, I don't.

Yes I can hold a grudge almost indeffinatly.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #4 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I'm definitely still sad about it... However, I think the best thing to do is move on. At least for me it is. That's not to say we shouldn't still remember the people who lost their lives, risked their lives, and those who made huge sacrifices that they still feel today to help others though... Those people deserve to be remembered.

To blame a religion is an awful blanket statement and really offensive.

As sad and awful as it was, harboring hate and anger does nothing but damage.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #5 
shannonpwns

I haven't been jumpy, just sad remembering the day it happened. Seems like it was yesterday, I remember watching it on the news and the panic that our country was in. All the lives that were lost, all the heroes that day. I feel thankful that real wars never take place on our soil, like they do in other countries. Like the stuff that's going on with Syria right now...

For future reference: To link on youtube, you type in (no spaces) [ youtube] [ /youtube] and just put in the code after ?v=

Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #6 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post
I'm definitely still sad about it... However, I think the best thing to do is move on. At least for me it is. That's not to say we shouldn't still remember the people who lost their lives, risked their lives, and those who made huge sacrifices that they still feel today to help others though... Those people deserve to be remembered.

I agree !

Thanks so much for the help shannonpwns I will remember that next time
Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #7 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsBettas View Post

Well if it makes you feel much better I hate almost all religions for one reason or another, with the exception of mabey buddhists who seem to truely understand the meaning of faith.

But you know anger and hate are still part of the human emotional spectrum, just as much as love and kindness. It is not alright to supress these emotions. Better to let them be and instead supress the want to act on them. I'm angry not a monster.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #8 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

thekinetic there are no monsters on the BF forum Your right and its fine to be angry and vent I sure do not see you as a monster your a person with beliefs and I am glad to know you and to understand how you feel
Old 09-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #9 
dramaqueen
Banned

I suppose every religion has bad people and hypocrites. No wonder people turn away from Christianity because of the way a lot of Christians act. But it's not just Christians. Not all Muslims want to kill people. These were extremists who did these horrible things. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here by saying these things.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #10 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Sounds good to me DQ I am grateful we can express how we feel and share with each other it really does help, I know its been a tough day for so many and I am going to trust and have faith we are better and stronger today and all days to come because that is just my nature as a person living in this crazy beautiful world we all share
Closed Thread