Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #1 
redthebetta

Anyone speak French?

I am in grade 7 French Immersion and would love to talk with someone in french because I don't know anyone that does outside of school.
redthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:31 PM   #2 
lilliam

Smile

I speak french and im new here to the site :) Im in grade 12 french immersion, so im probably a bit higher level than you, but I cant find anyone to speak french with either :( are you just starting immersion, cause I know it started in grade 7 in my junior high. Im sorry for any typos btw, im typing on my tiny phone :P
lilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

Red, it looks like you got someone to speak French with. :)
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #4 
redthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilliam View Post
I speak french and im new here to the site :) Im in grade 12 french immersion, so im probably a bit higher level than you, but I cant find anyone to speak french with either :( are you just starting immersion, cause I know it started in grade 7 in my junior high. Im sorry for any typos btw, im typing on my tiny phone :P
In my town, FI starts at grade 6. Yea, I know a lot of words but my french grammar sucks and my keyboard can't type accents.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Keep practicing and you'll get better. I took 4 years of German and even lived there for 2.5 years but never could remember any of it because I had no one to speak it with.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #6 
lilliam

If you have a number pad thing on your computer you can look up the accent alt code things for windows, and when im on a phone I just change my jeyboard to french. Anywway, it might seem hard learning at first, but stick with it! :) I just spent all july in quebec going to french summer camp at a university in quebec city and we got to go river rafting and go to 6 flags theme park, all because we were speaking french. You just apply for the bursary and if you get it the camp is free. Its really fun :)
Old 09-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 
lilliam

Oh and btw red your boy in your picture is gorgeous, where did you get him? My pet store just sells Veiltails... :( but we're getting an aquarium store in a mall near me soon and im soooo excited! :D
Old 09-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #8 
redthebetta

I am using Linux so no alt codes. I got Red, my avatar at a store called Total Pet. I bought him as a fringetail (their way of saying CT) for $25.00 with a tiny tank.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:43 PM   #9 
lilliam

Tu as beaucoup des poissons betta, six ou sept je pense... où sont tous tes aquarium s? J'ai un dix gallon dans ma chambre, et ça c'est beaucoup quand même :P tu gardes tes poisson dans ton chambre aussi?
Je peux translater mes phrases si tu veux, et parle en anglais aussi... peut être en anglais parce que je fais beaucoup des erreurs grammaticales, surtoute quand je conjuge les verbes.. haha..
You can ask me to post in english if you dont know what im saying, theres probably lots of typos which doesn't help much :)
Old 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #10 
redthebetta

Until I get my iPad in a week, that would be nice because I can't type accents or get french auto correct. I have 3 10 gals in my room and yes, it is a lot! My mom is threatening to disown me if I get any more! Don't worry about errors, I am used to reading stuff like this on my Skype: Hi stev u wat to cum ovr to mi huse i got a new wi nd sum gams u mite liek.