Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #11 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Of course anger and hate are normal to feel. Everyone gets angry and hates people or things at one time or another, it most certainly doesn't mean they are bad people (or monsters), but it really isn't healthy to hold on to anger and hate... As far as I know it never does any good. Sure... Let yourself be angry... I agree it is healthier then holding it in and suppressing it- but don't stay angry forever.

Hate may be a natural emotion, but it sure has done a lot of damage in the world. Crazy people, maybe, but hate is often the motivation.

Still... Blame the people, not the religion.

Dq, I don't think you overstepped the bounds. No one likes to talk about it but the conversations need to be had. The vast, vast majority of Muslims don't have extremist beliefs... It's the few that do that can give the religion a bad name.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #12 
Torla

I took about ten minutes to reflect on the significance of the day, but honestly, it's been as normal a day as any for me otherwise. Everyone has their own ways of dealing.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #13 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's my point, Matt. A few horrible people have given Islam a bad name. I also agree that you shouldn't suppress anger.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #14 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

And lets not forget the one thing we all have in common these beautiful Bettas that brought us here, we owe a lot to these little beautiful grumpy fish we want to make them happy and give them a better world to live in. We can do that much right !
Old 09-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very true! We all come from all walks of life, different ethnic backgrounds, different beliefs, etc but here we are, brought together by our love for our bettas. I'm glad we can talk about the sad and difficult subject of 9/11 and do it in a respectful way. That says a lot for our members.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:55 AM   #16 
Dwarden3

I realized it was 9/11 and then thought nothing of it. That is all we can ask ourselves to do. Fear is the desired reaction. For many years, I was fearful, but I can now sleep better at night. We must move past the horrific tragedy and move forward together as a nation towards more struggles and brighter days.

"Yours is not the task of making your way in the world, but the task of remaking the world which you will find before you. May every one of us be granted the courage, the faith and the vision to give the best that is in us to that remaking!"
-FDR, 1932.

The world has changed a lot since 2001 in every aspect of life. I choose to look back in reverence, but not fear because I know that I must strive for a better world from a worse yesterday.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #17 
lilbabyvenus

I'm sad about it, but today is also my fiances birthday, so I have something to be cheery about as well.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Old 09-12-2013, 01:15 AM   #18 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a cousin whose birthday is September 11.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #19 
sassyfriend

Thank you for taking the time to talk about this. I am greatful that I am not alone in this. Does anyone have something special they do to honor sept. 11th?

I put a flag on our porch pole and i'm going to leave it there for as long as I can.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #20 
dramaqueen
Banned

I didn't really do anything special just stopped and thought about what happened and about those who lost their lives. There are a lot of military families in my neighborhood and several were flying flags.
Closed Thread